Dang it, Mantei!!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had the lead......

You're supposed to get them out, not let them score....

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

If Counsell gets Roberts we are probably all happy right now. Also, Brenly needed to pitch Mantei sometime in the last week to keep him fresh.

adam
________
Shaved ***** Cam

Last edited:

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
cool it, guys, he's just getting his velocity back. for all we know, he's still getting the hang of pitching again. (last season was too short for him). i'd rather he take it slow rather than blow his elbow again. he'll come around, you'll see.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Now there's a question - in fact, do guys who've had Tommy John surgery re-blow the elbow very often? I can't think of any cases right off the top of my head - and the ligament that is put in place is larger and stronger (which is supposedly why guys occaionally get stronger and better velocity a few years down the road).

It shouldn't matter with Mantei anyhow - he is 2 years out, fully recovered, his velocity is back to normal - as high as 98mph. He was rusty from disuse yesterday and historically does poorly after a long layoff - but he also ALWAYS has given us anxiety attacks when closing.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny
but he also ALWAYS has given us anxiety attacks when closing.
I remember that well! When people were complaining about BK's roller coaster closing innings, it seems that they forgot that Mantei did exactly the same thing--very rarely was the save "routine"

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
i suppose it's because he never really had good control of his fastball. well, if it's any consolation, he did say that tommy john forced him to be more of a pitcher (i.e. actually locate that darn fastball). i hope that means he's better than he ever was.