D-Hop leg injury **Update** Expected to miss remainder of reg season

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
lol No, that was a pick all the way. They showed it from behind the play, and there was no window there.
This is well after the ball was tipped. The safety has already jumped the Harris route. He was open. The tipped changed the trajectory of the pass (which still caused him to reach for it). That ball is going over his head/more inside for a TD.
You must be registered for see images attach

I dont know why people are acting like this throw required one of those Josh Allen/Mahomes type tight window perfect throw.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's holding the safety. Its not anticipating. He knows where he's going with it already. He's making sure Ertz doesnt get destroyed. Brady/Rodgers have the exact play where the guy catches it untouched. Donald batted the ball and the defender still had to reach to get it. Thats a TD.
But the ball was batted in a way that changed the trajectory to the right side of the field and the defender had to move in that direction to his left. In other words, if that’s not batted it likely is thrown right at the defender.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I agree with SoonerLou that it was a TD if not deflected. If you saw the presser Kyler was emphatic about that "yeah that was a touchdown. Great play by a great player or that was a touchdown."

I also saw Ertz somewhere after the game saying the same thing I saw Kyler release it and I'm thinking it's a TD.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the ball was batted in a way that changed the trajectory to the right side of the field and the defender had to move in that direction to his left. In other words, if that’s not batted it likely is thrown right at the defender.
THe LB who picked it? IMO Kyler was throwing the ball over the LB to Ertz, I don't think he was trying to rocket the ball between the LB and the guy on Ertz' left shoulder I think he was throwing over the LB into the hole.

Agreed if he throws that thinking he can whistle it by the LB that's a very probable pick I just don't think he was going to do that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add, that and some of the angles we saw last night show you just how crazy good NFL QB's are. Guys don't look open at all. I still can't get over that throw by Stafford that went by Wilson for a TD that was an amazing throw.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
THe LB who picked it? IMO Kyler was throwing the ball over the LB to Ertz, I don't think he was trying to rocket the ball between the LB and the guy on Ertz' left shoulder I think he was throwing over the LB into the hole.

Agreed if he throws that thinking he can whistle it by the LB that's a very probable pick I just don't think he was going to do that.
Hmm difficult to tell the arc of the initial throw in the video. I thought he was trying to rifle it in there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm difficult to tell the arc of the initial throw in the video. I thought he was trying to rifle it in there.

If he was yeah bad decision I just think he was going to go over the LB. But yeah can't prove it either way.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add, that and some of the angles we saw last night show you just how crazy good NFL QB's are. Guys don't look open at all. I still can't get over that throw by Stafford that went by Wilson for a TD that was an amazing throw.
We gave Stafford time to get comfortable and get his confidence by not pressuring him

If we had been putting pressure and getting some hits on him he doesn't make those kind of throws IMO

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Hop certainly hasn't been the same since he came back from injury. He needs rest.