D-backs acquire Eckstein from Blue Jays...

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Upgrade over Augie, gives us depth and a guy who has won a championship twice. It's a nice addition going into the final month.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
can he play in the playoffs? cause i remember we got some pitcher from atlanta a couple of years ago and he couldn't.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
can he play in the playoffs? cause i remember we got some pitcher from atlanta a couple of years ago and he couldn't.
I'm pretty sure on an article I read it said he was picked up just before teams have to set their playoff rosters...let me see if I can find it.

Yep, from dbacks.com
A deal was struck just hours before the 9 p.m. MST deadline for setting postseason rosters.

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
It may not matter if they keep playing like they are tonight, but I think if you're on the roster by September 1, you're eligible.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Won't really matter much at this point, I am afraid. 7 of the past 9 against poor teams have all been terrible games from the DBacks. Make no mistake, the DBacks are a poor team as well, just not quite as poor (or they were, in reality) as the teams they were playing.

HooverDam

Reaction score
This is a good pickup, it really seems like the D'backs are going for it this year. If they can get into the playoffs who knows what'll happen with their pitching, it certainly seems likely that they'd get past the first round.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always good to get a decent veteran player but looking at the schedules I think the dodgers have a little bit easier stretch than us I mean they play the padres twice :( not good for us. But if the dbacks can just go on one little winning streak it should be enough to take care of buisness. Going to be a hard fight to the end vs the dodgers for the playoffs but we can do it!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I read that Eckstein is 5'7". I wonder if that will drop us from being the second tallest team in the league.

Oh well, with him and Ojeda, we have a couple of Point Guards (WNBA, that is). :)

But if he can get on base ahead of Dunn that'll be good. The question is, will he bat five spots ahead of him (8th) or two spots ahead of him (2nd)?

I guess we won't know until Melvin knows -- about 45 minutes before game time, isn't it?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm loving this pick up now, Eckstein played awesome today!
Yes, both at bat and in the field.

And he wears the number of my favorite D'back of all time -- Craig Counsell.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
if i was ojeda i would be pissed. as a fan i am really happy buy if i was ojeda i would be pissed at the organization!

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
great pickup. this ensures we wont see chris burke in teh lineup ever again.