Current 2016 Roster

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Niklas gets roasted by the peanut gallery although he played all 16 games while improving somewhat. yet The #1 pick isn`t even active and I see no animosity toward him.As for bringing Gresham back ..........why? Niklas is improving,Gerald Christian will be a good player and a fan favorite ,Fells is fells.As for Momah.i think Christian beats him out.

He played in all the games, which was basically his only improvement. I didn't see him offer diddly when he was in there--and rarely noticed him even when he was in there. By all means, don't cut him and bring him to camp. If he doesn't show anything, I won't feel bad if we cut him. Gresham's worlds ahead of him, IMO, as is Fells.

Niklas is still only 23 years old and 2015 was his 4th season playing TE.He only played TE at ND 2 years..So is still learning and growing into the role.Giving up on him could be a mistake .

I trust BASK to run the rule over him in camp, and trust that if they cut him, it's for a good reason.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He played in all the games, which was basically his only improvement. I didn't see him offer diddly when he was in there--and rarely noticed him even when he was in there. By all means, don't cut him and bring him to camp. If he doesn't show anything, I won't feel bad if we cut him. Gresham's worlds ahead of him, IMO, as is Fells.

I trust BASK to run the rule over him in camp, and trust that if they cut him, it's for a good reason.

I trust BASK to realize the kid is progressing and NOT to do anything STUPID and give up on the kd.Same with Cooper.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I trust BASK to realize the kid is progressing and NOT to do anything STUPID and give up on the kd.Same with Cooper.

Exactly. Stay the course and allow the players to develop as pros. Sometimes we forget that they are 21-24 years old.

The TE position in BA's offense is pretty simple---block, block, block and catch 1-2 passes a game to keep the safeties honest. We don't need a stud pass catching TE because we are already having trouble distributing the ball evenly between Fitz, Floyd, Smoke (Brown) and Fire (Nelson), not to mention David Johnson and the touches he warrants.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Stay the course and allow the players to develop as pros. Sometimes we forget that they are 21-24 years old.

The TE position in BA's offense is pretty simple---block, block, block and catch 1-2 passes a game to keep the safeties honest. We don't need a stud pass catching TE because we are already having trouble distributing the ball evenly between Fitz, Floyd, Smoke (Brown) and Fire (Nelson), not to mention David Johnson and the touches he warrants.

Nelson should get more snaps
He has blaazing speed and great hands
John brown didnt perform at the level we were waiting for

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niklas gets roasted by the peanut gallery although he played all 16 games while improving somewhat. yet The #1 pick isn`t even active and I see no animosity toward him.As for bringing Gresham back ..........why? Niklas is improving,Gerald Christian will be a good player and a fan favorite ,Fells is fells.As for Momah.i think Christian beats him out.

You aren't looking. I mean at all.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Which is why it was a major mistake in drafting Niklaus in the 2nd round when it could've drafted a better player that fit & filled a need :mad:

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Put Stanton and Gresham back, removed tags for Butler, Mauro and Momah signings, added Tyvon Branch.

Roster not looking too bad so far, we can take some homerun swings in the draft at this rate.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Put Stanton and Gresham back, removed tags for Butler, Mauro and Momah signings, added Tyvon Branch.

Roster not looking too bad so far, we can take some homerun swings in the draft at this rate.

And, if we actually want to win the Super Bowl, we'll have to hit home runs on each of those swings. We've really backed ourselves into a corner in the draft, I'm afraid.

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And, if we actually want to win the Super Bowl, we'll have to hit home runs on each of those swings. We've really backed ourselves into a corner in the draft, I'm afraid.

I don't think we need 7 home runs, health at the end of the season would be a good start and if we hit one home run at LB or DL, that would make a big difference. And a home run being a pro bowl quality player in the front seven.

Still need to pick up two CBs, this list is scary:

Bethel, Justin............CB
Brooks, Cariel...........CB
Byndom,Carrington....CB
Jackson, Asa.............CB
Peterson, Patrick.......CB
Prater, Shaun............CB
White, Kevin.............CB
Wilkinson, Joel..........CB

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't think we need 7 home runs, health at the end of the season would be a good start and if we hit one home run at LB or DL, that would make a big difference. And a home run being a pro bowl quality player in the front seven.

Still need to pick up two CBs, this list is scary:

Bethel, Justin............CB
Brooks, Cariel...........CB
Byndom,Carrington....CB
Jackson, Asa.............CB
Peterson, Patrick.......CB
Prater, Shaun............CB
White, Kevin.............CB
Wilkinson, Joel..........CB

This secondary at the moment is one injury away to Peterson from going into full panic mode. Peterson makes this seem like a plausible group but if he gets injured, this secondary is below average in my opinion because in my opinion Peterson is that good. We need a solid vet that can at least run with a number 1 WR and past Peterson we do not have that right now

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Added C Jones, C Johnson, E Mathis; removed J Cooper

Pretty awesome adds to the roster