Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-vikingsculpeppertrad&prov=fanball&type=lgns

"News
Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the rumor within the NFL on Monday was that the Vikings are considering trading starting quarterback Daunte Culpepper to the Cardinals for the sixth pick in this year's draft. The Vikes would then own the sixth and seventh selections.

Views
That's all this is, a rumor. We suppose you can make sense of this if you consider Culpepper has one year left on his contract and the Vikes could use the picks to draft a blue-chip defensive lineman and Byron Leftwich. However, the chances of this happening appear to be somewhere between none and extremely remote."

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to go to any of the games because I would be ******** my pants!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-vikingsculpeppertrad&prov=fanball&type=lgns

"News
Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the rumor within the NFL on Monday was that the Vikings are considering trading starting quarterback Daunte Culpepper to the Cardinals for the sixth pick in this year's draft. The Vikes would then own the sixth and seventh selections.

Views
That's all this is, a rumor. We suppose you can make sense of this if you consider Culpepper has one year left on his contract and the Vikes could use the picks to draft a blue-chip defensive lineman and Byron Leftwich. However, the chances of this happening appear to be somewhere between none and extremely remote."

Why in the heck would we do that?
It we want a QB, just take Leftwich ourselves......

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

Originally posted by Dback Jon

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Culpepper is a proven commodity. As much as it looks like Leftwich will find success in the NFL, it's a crapshoot. Leaf and Mirer come to mind when talking about "can't-miss" players that missed.

If the organization has decided it will take a QB in the first, then I would be happy with this move on draft day. As a fan, if I were given the choice of 'Pepper or Leftwich right now, I'd take 'Pepper.

but, if it comes to draft day and there are some quality Defensive players on the board (Suggs, Newman, Robertson), I'd rather take one of them. And I wouldn't want to see this trade go down before we're on the clock.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

Originally posted by Pariah
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

...but it's worth three on the black market.

Leftwich!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Randy Moss is single handedly killing Dante's career...he of all people in the NFL needs a change of scenery. Plus, a huge, strong armed, moble quarterback with proven NFL stats would be awesome.

I like Leftwich, but one, he played at a small school (not equal competition), he's been injured, is unproven in the NFL.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
...plus, this guarantees that our #1 pick would be in camp on time :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Originally posted by Pariah
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Culpepper is a proven commodity. As much as it looks like Leftwich will find success in the NFL, it's a crapshoot. Leaf and Mirer come to mind when talking about "can't-miss" players that missed.

If the organization has decided it will take a QB in the first, then I would be happy with this move on draft day. As a fan, if I were given the choice of 'Pepper or Leftwich right now, I'd take 'Pepper.

but, if it comes to draft day and there are some quality Defensive players on the board (Suggs, Newman, Robertson), I'd rather take one of them. And I wouldn't want to see this trade go down before we're on the clock.

Culpepper is a very inconsistent proven commodity!

Besides why would you trade the #6 pick for this guy when he only has a year left on his contract and could be gone following this season? Especially with our ability to keep player?

If we wat a QB draft Leftwhich and we at least have him locked up for a better part of 5 years. This trade would be plain stupid! Although Im quite sure its total bunk anyways!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

Originally posted by Shane H
Culpepper is a very inconsistent proven commodity!

Besides why would you trade the #6 pick for this guy when he only has a year left on his contract and could be gone following this season? Especially with our ability to keep player?

If we wat a QB draft Leftwhich and we at least have him locked up for a better part of 5 years. This trade would be plain stupid! Although Im quite sure its total bunk anyways!

Let me add in this "what if"

What if part of the deal included Culpepper signing an extention at a reasonable rate for a starting QB for 5 years....then what would you say?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

Originally posted by Ryanwb
Let me add in this "what if"

What if part of the deal included Culpepper signing an extention at a reasonable rate for a starting QB for 5 years....then what would you say?

:thumbup:

But it would Have to include that!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Wow...just think...if the Cards got Culpepper, we could run the option-wishbone...Who needs receivers?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Wow...just think...if the Cards got Culpepper, we could run the option-wishbone...Who needs receivers?

Could my "Pull our Head Out" thread be coming together??

Muahahahahahaaaaa....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Culpepper to be traded to the Cardinals???

Originally posted by Dback Jon
It we want a QB, just take Leftwich ourselves......

Not to mention we just signed Blake what would we do trade him?

I like Culpepper a lot but it makes no sense to do this after signing Blake.

Unless we think we can trade Blake or McCown for a WR.

Sounds like an unfounded rumor.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Originally posted by Russ Smith
Not to mention we just signed Blake what would we do trade him?

How about Blake and #6 for Culpepper and #39?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This thread is total bunk. The Vikes just signed Gus Ferrotte to be a long-term tutor to Duante. Why would they let him go for a far more risky prospect, especially when they have the skrill to re-sign him as soon as they lock up their draft picks?

Also, IMO, Culpepper is not only a known commodity, but a better QB than Leftwich. Yes, Leftwich might have better "intangibles" (i.e., leadership, maturity), but Culpepper has equal (size, arm strength) or better (speed, toughness, experience) tangibles.

Would I like to have Culpepper as a Card? Sure. Any player that's been on the cover of Madden is cool in my book, but it'll never happen.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
This thread is total bunk. The Vikes just signed Gus Ferrotte to be a long-term tutor to Duante.

Oh, man. The Vikes are in trouble.

But, just playing devil's advocate, if they signed Ferotte on to be a "tutor," then wouldn't he be just as an effective tutor to a rookie (Leftwich/Palmer) as he would be to Culpepper?

For the record, I agree that the trade is far-fetched.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except -

Without a defense, our time of possession would be something like 10:00.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn