cromartie signed 1 year deal with cardinals

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I liked the presser...although Cromartie seemed a little miffed that he is on a one year contract. I like that he saw the vision of the Cardinals. You can tell that Bidwill, Keim and Arians are passionate, knowledgeable, and strategic with a desire to win. I love this team right now. Wow, all of the pieces are basically there...and we haven't drafted yet.

I think Cromartie has a chance to thrive in our defense because our front 7 will take the pressure off. That will allow him to play without the expectation of savior...(that is why i think Dansby thrived here). Dansby brought a lot of passion last year and I believe it was because he had no pressure and a passionate and talented group surrounding him. I hope the same happens with Cromartie. Cheers CRO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/113035/antonio-cromartie-saw-future-in-arizona

During Cromartie's visit to Arizona last week, Keim pitched Cromartie and his agent, Ben Dogra, on the potential of recovering from an off 2013 season while re-establishing Cromartie's name.

“‘Why not do it at a place where you feel like you have a top-five defense?'” Keim said his pitch was. “‘You have a team that is going to feature you on an island. You're going to get a lot of balls thrown your way, obviously because of Patrick being on the other side, so your ability to create stats and to cover in a short amount of time and play in a good defense is beneficial to you.'”

Call Keim...The Free Agent Whisperer

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bobcat

Reaction score
No we have the real CB CROMARTIE. Other teams will now have a real hard time choosing which poison to throw at. PP or AC. Good work Cards front office

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You're right in the sense that teams don't completely avoid him, but they certainly throw less to his man than most other corners in the league. There definitely have been some games over the last couple years where teams only through his direction 3-4 times. Or at least it seemed that way.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No we have the real CB CROMARTIE. Other teams will now have a real hard time choosing which poison to throw at. PP or AC. Good work Cards front office

They will throw at Cro and definitely run at him. A stud SS in the draft will help.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm surprised. It seemed like the thread on him visiting was much more negative. This thread is about 95% positive. I like the signing. I'll take the Cards CB's over Seattle's right now.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Also, seems like one of the women in his harem isn't too happy to be leaving NYC.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm surprised. It seemed like the thread on him visiting was much more negative. This thread is about 95% positive. I like the signing. I'll take the Cards CB's over Seattle's right now.

You know the drill. If the player signs with the Cardinals he's awesome. As soon as he leaves or before he gets to Arizona he wasn't really any good and only succeeded because of the players around him. :p

According to tweets from Urban and Somers Dansby+Roberts required more first year cash outlay than Carlson+Cromartie+Ginn+Veldheer. Keim has surprised me.
I didn't think he could do that in this year's market. :koolaid:

However, I don't think any of the Cardinals free agents this year will be any good. ;)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what? He is not getting much money and was the best out there. :confused:

1-year deal for Cromartie is worth $3.25 mil base, per source. He can make another $500k if he plays in every game.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right. What is the problem?

There aint one, Cro is an upgrade no matter who you ask, and the contract is designed to keep him very motivated, as in he is selling himself for 2015, and his stay in Arizona will most likely be a long audition for other teams while he chases a ring for a year. We didn't break the bank, we stayed patient, and it looks like it will pay off.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A smart signing on many levels.

1-He is a good player who has had really stretches at times in his career.

2-He is image and money motivated...and we just signed him to a 1 year, prove it contract. We will get the best out of Cromartie.

3-We are paying him as much as we are paying Powers this year.

4-He was a released player so he doesn't count to our comp pick total.

5-He gives us more flexibility for the draft.

Good signing by the Cards.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
3-We are paying him as much as we are paying Powers this year.

Powers has a $4.75 million cap hit for 2014 according to sportrac with $2 million in dead money. Cason just signed with the Panthers with a $650,000 cap hit and $750,000 salary.

If the Cards could have signed Cason for that they should have kept Cason and cut Powers. Would have saved $3 million dollars in salary and I think around $2 million in cap space.

Of course I think Cason is just as good as Powers so that's why it would work for me.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard