cromartie signed 1 year deal with cardinals

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Cro is able to get the ball in his hands, watch out! He hates contact, so he is hell trying to catch and bring down lol

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think ARZ still should go for a CB in the first 3 rounds because Cromartie won't be here one way or the other after this year. Might as well get the long term answer via the draft, Jean Baptiste would be perfect. I hope first 3 rounds go: Ford, Buchanon, Jean-Baptiste.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
football season can't come fast enough.

I've said it once, I'll say it again...it's INCREDIBLY bewildering continually agreeing with every move the team makes.

do hot girls smile at you as you pass on the street?

if so, this is a dream

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be another Dansby, as in come out killing it and rejuvenate his career, then we lose him to another team next year. :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont mind the ginn and crom signings but im not elated about them either. Veldheer was enough for me anyway. A good draft will put me over the top!

Crom on a one year should motivate him to play his best yet though. Keim should just dangle dansbys new contract over him.

i'm not over the moon about those signings, but they're smart moves which fill needs with players who have a good amount of upside. moves this team just never seemed to make in the past.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Every move this team makes now is smart and calculated. WEIRD

The name Ron Graves is like nails on a chalk board.

Keim is my favorite Cardinal.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Another solid example of the Keim philosophy: fill holes with one year guys who likely have at least a year left and are motivated to show they were undervalued. Cro is not a great corner any more and lacks top end speed. Still he's a bright cover guy who is a huge upgrade over the alternatives. I don't think Keim is done yet! This will raise the stakes on getting a safety that's good in coverage.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm very happy about getting Cro. IMO if he can stay on top of his game it's a win win. Great job by the FO Congrats too all us card fans! Super Bowl.

GBR

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We will find out soon enough if Cro has anything left. Based on his injury and sub-par past season, teams will be targeting him in their passing game as they stay away from AP. Still think the Cards need to go after a CB in the draft just in case.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Another solid example of the Keim philosophy: fill holes with one year guys who likely have at least a year left and are motivated to show they were undervalued. Cro is not a great corner any more and lacks top end speed. Still he's a bright cover guy who is a huge upgrade over the alternatives. I don't think Keim is done yet! This will raise the stakes on getting a safety that's good in coverage.

He is a upgrade possibly but not a HUGE upgrade if your comparing him to Powers but an upgrade over our options available, hence a large upgrade on possibly Cason. If Peterson was one of the least thrown to cornerbacks, then that means Powers was one of the most thrown to CBs and honestly he then held his own if you see how our defense stifled teams in the second half. Powers deserves some love for being a solid #2 in my book and people need to stop grading him at a level which is not expected of his position. Question, Boldin catches the ball in coverage or Lynch/Gore breaks into the secondary... would you rather have Powers there or Cro to make the tackle. Will be rooting for Cro to regain a little of his former Pro-Bowl self which really was not that long ago. You need to post a draft segment Harry, always loved your insight

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cromartie brings potential star power and a veteran presence in what is a very young and talented secondary. This signing is further proof that the Cardinals have their eyes on the ultimate prize.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a upgrade possibly but not a HUGE upgrade if your comparing him to Powers but an upgrade over our options available, hence a large upgrade on possibly Cason. If Peterson was one of the least thrown to cornerbacks, then that means Powers was one of the most thrown to CBs and honestly he then held his own if you see how our defense stifled teams in the second half. Powers deserves some love for being a solid #2 in my book and people need to stop grading him at a level which is not expected of his position. Question, Boldin catches the ball in coverage or Lynch/Gore breaks into the secondary... would you rather have Powers there or Cro to make the tackle. Will be rooting for Cro to regain a little of his former Pro-Bowl self which really was not that long ago. You need to post a draft segment Harry, always loved your insight

Question: who do you prefer in press coverage?

(that's why he's here)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I don't know why someone would not be stoked by this signing.

I think he is overrated, and I think he has a 10 cent brain.

If I am proved wrong, then I will be happy to be wrong.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woot good signing by the cardinals atleast is it only a one year deal, but lets say Cromatie plays real well for the cards this season any shot we sign to a multi year deal? Could we do that and still resign Peterson?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
football season can't come fast enough.

I've said it once, I'll say it again...it's INCREDIBLY bewildering continually agreeing with every move the team makes.

Agreed, I keep thinking/saying the same things. It's not just the moves either, it's also the deals he's able to get these guys to sign. I would love to know if after Cro left the offer was removed and he had to come back to Keim with hat in hand after not landing elsewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the signing because we needed some competition and depth at the CB position. If Cro goes all panzy on tackling and playing the run game then Powers will get more playing time.

I agree with those that want us to draft a CB this year, any round will do.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison