Cribbs failed physical

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Meh...should've gone after LWSH. Maybe cards wind up bringing LSH back.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
A blessing in disguise!!! He's soooo overrated by this board at this point in his career. He brings nada to anyone's offense IMO.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A blessing in disguise!!! He's soooo overrated by this board at this point in his career. He brings nada to anyone's offense IMO.
We still need a home-run hitter. Hey Mitch, think Tavon Austin might be an option at #38 if he's still there?

(Note - I realize that Cribbs' agent raised the possibility of our signing him if the knee looks better in a few weeks, but I don't like the overall body language of this whole deal).

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

As a 4th WR, he wouldn't need to bring anything to the offense. Even his value as a "Wildcat" QB is overrated; I don't think we'll use the wildcat much if at all going forward.

He does bring value as a special teams gunner and kick returner. That's good value for a $900K contract.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
His value is as KO and ST ace.

But I also see value on sending him up the sideline and oepning things underneath for Fitz, Floyd, and Roberts. He ran a 4.4 at combine previoulsy although we will have to see how his knee heals.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Jeff, K-9, AF------All good points. To me, it seems that the Cardinals are in the driver's seat here. It's like 'show me that your healed' and we'll talk. Maybe if he can get that speed back, we can work something, and maybe we end up with a ST'r AND a speed receiver that can stretch the field. Meanwhile, if he can't do it, there is still the draft.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What can Cribbs do at this point in his career, that 100+ UDFA's after this draft can't?

Seriously.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff, K-9, AF------All good points. To me, it seems that the Cardinals are in the driver's seat here. It's like 'show me that your healed' and we'll talk. Maybe if he can get that speed back, we can work something, and maybe we end up with a ST'r AND a speed receiver that can stretch the field. Meanwhile, if he can't do it, there is still the draft.
Cat - I can't help but wonder why - if the Cards really want Cribbs - they wouldn't lock him in now with a contract that has an escape clause should the knee not be ready in 5 weeks. Something doesn't sit right.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cat - I can't help but wonder why - if the Cards really want Cribbs - they wouldn't lock him in now with a contract that has an escape clause should the knee not be ready in 5 weeks. Something doesn't sit right.

:yeahthat:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

Do we know that Cribbs and his agent are willing to sign such a contract?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'll bet there's something in the CBA that precludes this.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not "nada" in Arians' mind, evidently.

Arians' "O" is creative in both formations and play calling and obviously he sees a role for this type of athlete beyond returns and gunning.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
What can Cribbs do at this point in his career, that 100+ UDFA's after this draft can't?

Seriously.

Bruce Arians is known not just for his adept play calling, he is also known for his unique personnel packages. There must be some compelling reason for his interest in Cribbs' skill set that makes him so willing to wait and see if he can actually perform at the speed BA is looking for. I would not just laugh this off. BA has been around the block a few times, and is well respected for his craftiness in situational football.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well at least we now know why its taking so long. I here Karlos Dansby is still out there.

Who would have ever guessed that our one time hero Q would now be playing for SF? He still has a lot of juice in the can so expect him to do some damage to us. Surprised to see him let go but the CAP has a way of changing things. Q and Fitz made one of the greatest NFL duos ever. Certainly the best in Cardinal history. He remains one tough runner after catching the ball.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You never saw Bobby Joe Conrad and Sonny Randle on the field at the same time......

I think the Card team in my life time that was most fun to watch was the one with Conrad, Randle, Jim Hart, and that great offensive line. They may not have been the best but they sure were exciting to watch and I think that is where the tern the Cardiac Cardinals originated. Even if they were not going to win a division they were worth the price of admission and gave you there money's worth.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think the Card team in my life time that was most fun to watch was the one with Conrad, Randle, Jim Hart, and that great offensive line. They may not have been the best but they sure were exciting to watch and I think that is where the tern the Cardiac Cardinals originated. Even if they were not going to win a division they were worth the price of admission and gave you there money's worth.

John I think most of that was the 74-77 Cards coached by Coryell...especially the term "Cardiac Cardinals" .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard