OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
Creed wasn't original? Not trying to be a wise guy here, but who sounded like them before they came out?

Pearl Jam, Bush, and Alice in Chains are the 3 that immediately come to mind...

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
O said:
I'm not being a wise guy either but humor me, how old are you?
33...whoops 34 I mean. :eek: But what does that have to do with it? :D
Although Pearl Jam grabbed my attention (first on the block to have 10) Alice in Chains and Bush I only somewhat cared for. I know sounds strange coming from a "rocker" like me, but didn't get much into Bush and AIC. Perhaps that's why Creed sounded "fresh" to me. Interesting though...you sure AIC and Bush dropped the E to a D like Creed?

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
33...whoops 34 I mean. :eek: But what does that have to do with it? :D
Although Pearl Jam grabbed my attention (first on the block to have 10) Alice in Chains and Bush I only somewhat cared for. I know sounds strange coming from a "rocker" like me, but didn't get much into Bush and AIC. Perhaps that's why Creed sounded "fresh" to me. Interesting though...you sure AIC and Bush dropped the E to a D like Creed?

It goes beyond just chord progression of their music...In fact...I could post guitar tabs for comparison to put some of it into perspective...

I'm not comparing these 3 whatsoever... but it seemed like Gavin Rosedale (singer of Bush) tried to emulate Eddie Vedder so much to the extent that back then I began referring Bush as "Bush Jam"..... And Stapp a few years later tried to copy Rosedale and Layne Staley (AIC).... Just though...Creed's general overall sound mirrored them, but I would say though "My Own Prison" was one of the best songs of the 90s...... It's just Creed didnt do anything innovative or original... just pretty much remain par to the course with their influences...

Out of those bands to emerge from the wake of Grunge...the best to me were
Godsmack and Days of the New.... Unfortunate though that Meeks ego is even worse than Axl Rose and he destroyed a band that could have been one of the greats.... Although.. I do like Tantric... Apologize for that tangent there! :D

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My brother, please do the research.

As far as age goes, I have twenty tears on you. I work in the industry. I make a very good living making these people look good.
If you think for a nanosecond that Creed or for that matter Pearl Jam were original, you are mistaken,.
It started before you were born.
Do your homework.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KLL said:
Out of those bands to emerge from the wake of Grunge...the best to me were Godsmack and Days of the New.... :D
My goodness...K are you my long lost brother? :D
Geez you make waaaay to much sense. Both those bands are tops in my list! :thumbup:
btw...just listened to some Bush. I hear ya on the Vedder comparison. Knew that, but the gee-tar is tuned lower than Pearl Jam ever was. My fault though cuz I have a bad habit of not listening to the vocals as much as the guitar and drums. :D

O - I'm sure about what you say. I've done my homework. What am I missing...Enlighten me my brother. :)

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
My goodness...K are you my long lost brother? :D
Geez you make waaaay to much sense. Both those bands are tops in my list! :thumbup:
btw...just listened to some Bush. I hear ya on the Vedder comparison. Knew that, but the gee-tar is tuned lower than Pearl Jam ever was. My fault though cuz I have a bad habit of not listening to the vocals as much as the guitar and drums. :D

We could in fact be identical cousins! :D

Anyways.... I guess that's where we differ... I focus more on vocals/lyrics since I write lyrics myself (well.. been going thru major writer's block), and then guitar, bass, and drums, and other instruments is following sequence into what I pay attention to....

Yeah... the guitars were different from Pearl Jam and Bush (I still say Mike McCready is vastly underrated and should have been given more of a chance to really expand off his talents), but the similarities of Bush and Pearl Jam in terms of their frontman were just so striking to me....

As far as Days of the New... I do like some of what Travis Meeks has done since the original line-up disbanded, but it still isnt the same....

I love Godsmack... As I mentioned before... I still cannot believe how they followed-up their self-titled debut with an album so impressive as "Awake".. definitely no Sophomore Jinx there...

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
And Dream Theater's ballads.

Yeah... I agree...

I know you've in the past expressed some displeasure toward Nu-Metal, but I'm wondering about how you felt about Days of the New self-titled debut and also your overall thougths on Godsmack?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Creed Singer Announces Engagement

Associated Press

Scott Stapp, former lead singer of Creed, is engaged. Stapp and Jaclyn Nesheiwat, Miss New York USA 2004, will be married Feb. 10 in Florida, they announced this week. They met last January at a gala for the Muscular Dystrophy Association in New York.

The couple became engaged late last year, the singer's publicist, Dvora Vener Englefield, told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Stapp, 32, founded the rock band Creed and won a Grammy Award in 2000 for the song "With Arms Wide Open." He struck out on his own last year with the solo album, "The Great Divide."

Nesheiwat is the director of public affairs for the Scott Stapp Foundation, which promotes healthy parent-child relationships.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyone listen to his solo stuff? Is it any good? :shrug:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Stapp still an alcoholic?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

I'm sure he still is. Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. :D

Seriously - I have no idea if he's stopped drinking. Hopefully he has.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

Scott Stapp Gets Married, Arrested

by Gina Serpe
Feb 13, 2006

For Scott Stapp, the honeymoon was over before it even began.

Hours after the former Creed frontman tied the knot with beauty queen Jaclyn Nesheiwat in Miami on Friday, the rocker was rung up for public intoxication in Los Angeles.

Stapp, en route to his Hawaiian honeymoon, was stopped from boarding a plane at Los Angeles International Airport Saturday after airline personnel deemed the rocker "antagonistic" and "boisterous."

A spokesman for the airport police, Lieutenant Tyrone Stallings, said the rocker was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in a public place and taken to the Van Nuys station for processing.

According to TMZ.com, which first reported the incident, Stapp demanded a blood-alcohol test at the station, where he registered a 0.18--twice the legal limit.

Stapp, 32, was booked and released on $250 bail a few hours later. He was ordered to report for arraignment on Mar. 8.

There was no immediate comment from his publicist on the arrest--or the nuptials.

What we do know is the singer married Nesheiwat, a 25-year-old former Miss New York 2004, on Friday.

People magazine reported the couple swapped vows at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a European-inspired estate on the city's Biscayne Bay.

Nesheiwat donned a Vera Wang bridal number and walked down a 65-foot-long rose-petal-covered aisle. Stapp's seven-year-old son, Jagger, served as best man, per People.

It was the first trip down the aisle for Nesheiwat and the second for Stapp. He was previously married to Hillaree Burns for 16 months before divorcing in 1999. Stapp retained sole custody of their only child, Jagger.

The two newlyweds met in January 2005 at a fundraising gala for the Muscular Dystrophy Association in New York and got engaged late last year. Stapp issued a press release last month touting the engagement and announcing that Nesheiwat had taken a position as director of public affairs for the Scott Stapp Foundation, an organization aimed at promoting healthy parent-child relationships.

For his part, Stapp definitely has a handle on unhealthy relationships. Aside from his tempestuous first marriage, Stapp's sobriety-challenged behavior led to the collapse of Creed in 2004 and a well publicized bar fight between the singer and members of 311 last Thanksgiving.

On the 311 Website, drummer Chad Sexton claimed an allegedly intoxicated Stapp made a "disrespectful and crude remark" to a bandmate's wife, then "sucker-punched" Sexton.

Stapp admitted to Rolling Stone that he entered rehab shortly after the fight. He also said that he was so disgusted by his booze and pill habit that he nearly killed himself following Creed's disastrous 2003 Weathered tour. (The tour, which turned out to be the band's last, was capped by a lawsuit filed by a group of Chicago fans who demanded their money back because Stapp "was so intoxicated and/or medicated that he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single Creed song.")

Stapp's debut solo album, The Great Divide, was released in November to little fanfare and even fewer sales--it opened at number 19 with 94,000 copies, a far cry from his dominating days with Creed, which sold more than 30 million albums worldwide.

Regardless, Stapp will be cutting short his already truncated honeymoon to hit the road once more. He kicks off a club tour Feb. 23 in his hometown of Orlando. The trek wraps up Mar. 18 in Phoenix.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Stapp demanded a blood-alcohol test at the station, where he registered a 0.18--twice the legal limit.

DOH!!!

:bang:

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The new lead singer for them is from Spokane and is good friends with my girlfriends sister. If you ever saw the movie Rock Star he is the guy at the end of the movie that Mark whalberg gives the mic to and brings on stage to take over.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I heard Creed broke up. I don't think it's official yet.