Coyotes vs Kings round 3 2012 Western Conference Finals

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All I know is what I hear brother.
Well, the Coyotes didn't exactly give the much to talk about. This game was all LA.

Yup....garbage effort.
Seemed as if both teams spent the entire game in the Coyotes' zone.

My two biggest keys to the series were fore-checking and winning gm1...

I just don't know how the Yotes are going to stop LA's fore-checking as their passing is just not crisp enough to get it out of their zone.

Gm2 is a must win for the Yotes...

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The disparity in talent is huge - just like the last two series - but this time LA also outworked Phoenix. Not a good combination at all. Obviously have to get them in game 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I bought tickets to watch us get swept on Sunday, I'm gonna pisssssssssed.

Come on Yotes. Take Game 2.

Why do Phoenix Sports teams seemingly ALWAYS lose Home advantage in Game 1 of huge series?!

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The alarming thing was just how much more aggressive LA was than Phoenix... It wasn't even close, in the other series we also got outplayed, but this one, we were playing catch up the whole game.. A VERY concerning game #1, not just the loss but the tone that was set... I am officially concerned..

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Game 2 AND game 3 need to be looked at and played as elimination games period... If we lose game 2 in the fashion we lost game 1 we are done..

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this is too close to call from any sane point of view. It will probably be an injury, a penalty or freak bounce that winds up giving the winner the edge.

After game 1, I was wrong about this. But, that game was way more one sided than any of the regular season games based on my memory. The Coyotes were very lucky to be in it as late as they were to tell the truth.

Tippett had better pull something out of his sleeve to level the ice between these two teams or this will be over in 4, 5 games tops.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'll be at the game tomorrow night! This will be my 8th game (first post season game) I've been to this season - and have not yet witnessed a Coyote loss! That streak WILL continue tomorrow evening!!! ;)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
In the playoffs, teams haven't been able to get a lead on the Kings let alone beat them.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
In the playoffs, teams haven't been able to get a lead on the Kings let alone beat them.

How in the world are they the 8 seed?? They seem to have all of the required ingredients... GREAT goalie, size, speed, great skaters, great strength... seriously, they have to be one of the most talented 8 seeds I have ever seen!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
How in the world are they the 8 seed?? They seem to have all of the required ingredients... GREAT goalie, size, speed, great skaters, great strength... seriously, they have to be one of the most talented 8 seeds I have ever seen!

That's a great question. First half of the season the Kings played great D but just could not score. Lost a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games. Then they aquired Carter and started to get some offense going. Then came the coaching change in mid-season that worked wonders. Since the final two weeks of the season they have been dominating the puck and Quick has been incredible.

After watching years of consistently bad Kings hockey, this is a real pleasant surprise.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's a great question. First half of the season the Kings played great D but just could not score. Lost a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games. Then they aquired Carter and started to get some offense going. Then came the coaching change in mid-season that worked wonders. Since the final two weeks of the season they have been dominating the puck and Quick has been incredible.

After watching years of consistently bad Kings hockey, this is a real pleasant surprise.

Yeah, had it not been for their early season woo's they may have run away w/the division. And surprisingly a few picked them to play for the cup. Much like the Coyotes they're peaking at the right time.

I don't think the talent difference is that huge, but how they play and their fore-checking just makes the opposition look like they're skating in mud.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We laid an egg in the first game vs. Nashville and got lucky in OT. If we don't respond tonight, it could be a short series. I think Tipp will have them ready. I'll be there howlin'!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kings continue their dominance as they are up 2-0 in the 2nd period. It's now or never.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eff... we are screwed.. 2 penalties, one major, and Doan is gone.

Doan may get suspended for the next game, if not more. Wasn't much that could be done from his point of view, but Shannahan will probably ignore that.

That 5 on 3 was the nail for this game... ugh...
We'll be lucky if the Coyotes come back for another game..

But, I'm going to say it... LA is juicing!!!! No team in the PO's are that fast to the puck and their hand-eye coordination w/ getting loose pucks is unbelievable.

HGH?? Is Barry Bonds working with them? Oh wait, Manny was a Dodger.. That explains it.
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Doan may get suspended for the next game, if not more. Wasn't much that could be done from his point of view, but Shannahan will probably ignore that.

That 5 on 3 was the nail for this game... ugh...
We'll be lucky if the Coyotes come back for another game..

But, I'm going to say it... LA is juicing!!!! No team in the PO's are that fast to the puck and their hand-eye coordination w/ getting loose pucks is unbelievable.

HGH?? Is Barry Bonds working with them? Oh wait, Manny was a Dodger.. That explains it.
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Honestly, Smith deserves a suspension before Doan. I'm no Dustin Brown fan, but that was a cheap shot.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, Smith deserves a suspension before Doan. I'm no Dustin Brown fan, but that was a cheap shot.

I grew up in New Jersey and watched the Islanders during their dominant years and Billy Smith was one of the dirtiest goalies. Mike Smith looks like an angel compared to Billy.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Losing our composure.. Add Hanzel to the possible suspension list.
Yup, beat me to the post...

Well, if they're going to lose the series, might as well go down being physical.

On a positive note, anyone notice the women behind Tippet the past two games w/ the large boobies?

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yup, beat me to the post...

Well, if they're going to lose the series, might as well go down being physical.

On a positive note, anyone notice the women behind Tippet the past two games w/ the large boobies?

Only highlight of the series

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I honestly need to move away from L.A. The amount of **** I'm getting from Kings and Lakers fans these days is unbearable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard