Coyotes vs Kings round 3 2012 Western Conference Finals

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hope that blown delay of game penalty doesn't come back to haunt us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes lose in overtime. Thanks guys for a great, memorable year. Let's hope the Coyotes are here next year and we can do this again.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, Brown is a POS scumbag.

Thought Doan was gonna kick his ass during the handshaking.

This was my last hockey game of the season. I don't care to see any of the three teams left standing win the cup.

It was a great season, Coyotes. Thank you.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dustin Brown can eat a fat *#=+. I hope someone rings his bell in the Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep ... brown is pure trash ...... can't believe the leeway the announcers were giving him - looked like a marchment classic

coyotes left it out there though and nice ovation from the fans and a good moment with the team ........ very nice to see

hopefully it's not the last of such moments here in phoenix

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
hell of a run.. I am depressed and so proud at the same time.. hell of a run Yotes!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Coyotes showed a lot of heart over these last two games when they very easily could have folded... I hope they are able to keep the core together and keep adding to it in the desert.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown's knee was the most disgusting play I've seen in a long time. But that's what you expect when the officials turn a blind eye to the antics of the dirtiest player in hockey. Having both referees miss that is inexcusable. That's probably the 2nd most dangerous play in the game behind some types of boarding. Even worse is that he probably won't be suspended because that would require the league to admit they were wrong.

But that's how it was for almost the entirety of the series. The league should be ashamed, it's the Western Conference Finals and every team deserves the chance to win or lose on their own merits, not by the hand if incompetent officiating. The same goes for the fans, who deserve a fair product when they're spending hundreds of dollars a series to come out. Instead we get a travesty of diving and dangerous play. I fear that is a sign of things to come in the NHL.

Absolutely disgusting.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
When a series ends in 5. The better team won!

Yep. But a tip of the hat to the Yotes who put up a hell of an effort the last 2 games with their backs against the wall. They certainly put themselves in position to have a shot at winning Game 5, but the Kings pretty much controlled the OT.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

That's true. The better team won here.

Oh, how I hate giving up short-handed goals. :(

They were playing so well and I really wanted them to get a two-goal lead, but then they give up the shg off a faceoff that came from the goalie icing the puck on a powerplay (!). Argh.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
That's true. The better team won here.

Oh, how I hate giving up short-handed goals. :(

They were playing so well and I really wanted them to get a two-goal lead, but then they give up the shg off a faceoff that came from the goalie icing the puck on a powerplay (!). Argh.

The short handed goal when the Coyotes had the momentum to start the first.
The blown opportunity at a 5 on 3 in the 3rd.
These things really killed them.

If they had played as well in games 1 and 2 as they played in 3 and 4 they would probably still be playing.

It was a great run. Congrats to the Kings for an even more amazing postseason I suppose.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - that whole shorthanded sequence was dopey ... from the unneeded play that led to the icing, to the faceoff, to having a coyote pretty much act as a screen for smith while letting a guy like kopitar stand free in space despite being a man up at up the time

it's like they lost the draw and went into a passive PK mode while on the PP

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The short handed goal when the Coyotes had the momentum to start the first.
The blown opportunity at a 5 on 3 in the 3rd.
These things really killed them.

If they had played as well in games 1 and 2 as they played in 3 and 4 they would probably still be playing.

It was a great run. Congrats to the Kings for an even more amazing postseason I suppose.

Ditto...

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough loss. Great season! 3-0 was too big of hole to dig out of.

Should be fun meeting up with the Kings next year. :jedi:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the first matchup next season may look a lot like this again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS5mG7SYMs4
Doan kicked his arse once and will do it again next season.

Coming from a Canuck fan who knows something about that, eh?

Hey, as for the hit I think it was a legal hit. Just sucked on the timing of it.
What I didn't like were the missed high sticks and boarding on.... was it Hanzel? I don't remember.

The Yotes should have never gone to OT as they had plenty of chances to win this game, but that's how the puck stops. It was a fun ride and here's hoping they can continue next season w/ some investment from an owner.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doan kicked his arse once and will do it again next season.

Coming from a Canuck fan who knows something about that, eh?

Hey, as for the hit I think it was a legal hit. Just sucked on the timing of it.
What I didn't like were the missed high sticks and boarding on.... was it Hanzel? I don't remember.

The Yotes should have never gone to OT as they had plenty of chances to win this game, but that's how the puck stops. It was a fun ride and here's hoping they can continue next season w/ some investment from an owner.

We're all CANUCKS up here; we're not all Canuck fans! ;)

BillsCarnage: Given the name you must be fan of that carnage called Buffalo, and the future Toronto Buffs. (lol)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go Devils. Too bad Stevens is retired because I would love to see him give Brown a hit or two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard