Cowboys trying to trade up..

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cowboys | Trading Up Surfacing? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:16:26 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Boston Globe reports talks around the league have the Dallas Cowboys growing increasingly interested in Kentucky DT Dewayne Robertson. While the Cowboys would like to take Robertson, he might be gone by the No. 4 pick, so the team has discussed the possibility of swapping places with the Chicago Bears at No. 4 to insure they get their man.

This spells diaster for the Suggs camp. I would imagine if Robertson and Suggs go 4 and 5 then we either take Leftwich or trade down and take K. Williams. Even if Newman is available I take Leftwich or trade down. And the idea of more picks is out-weighing Leftwich right now even though I have been a big fan of Byron's up to this point.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cowboys can't make up their mind.

Jets' Picks In Demand

By Ken Berger
STAFF WRITER

April 25, 2003

The NFL draft doesn't officially begin until noon tomorrow, when commissioner Paul Tagliabue announces that the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock.

In reality, the first round began yesterday for the Jets when they started fielding a flurry of trade proposals that could reshape their draft.

It is believed that the Dallas Cowboys, led by former Jets coach Bill Parcells, are one of several teams that have called about obtaining the Jets' two first-round picks. Dealing those picks would give the Jets a selection in the top 10.

The Cowboys have the fifth selection and are thought to be interested in trading down for extra picks that could be used to rebuild quickly.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cowboys growing increasingly interested in Kentucky DT Dewayne Robertson. While the Cowboys would like to take Robertson, he might be gone by the No. 4 pick, so the team has discussed the possibility of swapping places with the Chicago Bears at No. 4 Usually, a team wishing to trade up to grab a player doesn't make the deal with the team most likely to draft that player. They have to leapfrog higher.

The most prevalent rumor has Dallas trading up to Houston in order to leapfrog the Bears and then draft Robertson. Houston would hope to draft Johnson at #5. We don't know what the Bears would do. Angelo lies at least once daily.

But let's take a deep breath and step backward -

1. Cincy- Palmer
2. Detroit - Rogers
3. Felon - Robertson
4. Bears - Suggs, Newman or Kennedy
5. Houston - Johnson
6. Cards - Either Suggs or Newman

(Obviously this ignores various other rumors about Trufant, Kevin Willams or trading down. But my point is that, under this scenario, if we kept the pick, we would wind up either with Suggs or Newman if we wanted them.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
That's what I am hoping for.........Suggs, Newman, or Leftwich. If we take any of these three, I will be happy. We may also be able to trade out with these three available with N.O. or N.E. and get 2 firsts. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn