Concussion Protocol and the Tua Situation

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Dolphins owner should be fined and the General Manager should be fired. CTE is the biggest issue facing the NFL and the Dolphins organization pushed the rules to the limit.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He should’ve never been playing tonight or returned to the game last week! He clearly had a ding ****. Imo both Tua & the Fins covered up & lied about his head injury last week. It was very clear he had head trauma. Yes Tua played a role in returning too.

This will once again change the concussion protocol as well as it should. Prayers for the kid

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins owner should be fined and the General Manager should be fired. CTE is the biggest issue facing the NFL and the Dolphins organization pushed the rules to the limit.
You do realize that teams can't fake the concussion protocol anymore right? They are overseen by an independent doctor.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
One day hopefully they will institute a rule where any player that receives any significant head trauma during a game must sit out at least one game while they are examined and watched closely before being judged ready to play. I was in a bad crushing car wreck 18 days ago and I am still having headaches, internal pain and burning sensations to the muscle area below and beside my stomach area. To look at and talk to me though, you would never know I was still so hurt. If a pro athlete, I am sure I would want to suck it up and get back out there.

And that was just one punishing "hit" compared to the multitude of head popping and body slamming hits these guys take in every single game. Their bodies can never heal in just one week. If you, an average person, went to any doctor immediately after taking the punishment they take in any single game, they would definitely tell you to rest and avoid any physical activity for a long time. Objectively, it is amazing that such a debilitating sport is legal in any 21st century society. How many lost memories and suicides have to happen to these ex-football players before we say "Enough already!" Is football necessary for the existence of our society? Should intelligent parents be allowing their children to choose to play such a destructive sport when there are so many more healthy ones to learn, enjoy, and compete in?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They found a scapegoat. I bet their bank account is fat all of a sudden to stay quiet and not dispute this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They found a scapegoat. I bet their bank account is fat all of a sudden to stay quiet and not dispute this.

I mean…

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting worse! Is it's up to the Dolphins team physician, but why didn't they fire him?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What’s so good about chump change of his reputation is ruined?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is getting worse! Is it's up to the Dolphins team physician, but why didn't they fire him?

The players association fired him, the dolphins are still trying to pretend nothing happened.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He really needs to retire.

The Ryan Swoap of QB’s. Feel bad for him though. Makes me think designed runs for K1 are not a sustainable concept. Only takes a couple shots for a smaller guy to get to this point. These guys get tossed like rag dolls. Josh Allen absorbs the hit and sometimes shakes it off.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It’s sad. He has life-changing money from his rookie deal, but maybe not generational money. Was a couple years away, and was good this year

Some people’s bodies are just not meant to play NFL football. Kind of a Beanie Wells situation. He can open an insurance agency in Tuscaloosa and live the rest of his days on east street.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was just wondering if he was going to take one of the Pro Bowl alternate spots. Guess not.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Ryan Swoap of QB’s. Feel bad for him though. Makes me think designed runs for K1 are not a sustainable concept. Only takes a couple shots for a smaller guy to get to this point. These guys get tossed like rag dolls. Josh Allen absorbs the hit and sometimes shakes it off.
He needs to be like K1---

S L I D E

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was hawking that before we ever drafted kyler. a qb is supposed to pass the ball... runningbacks run it.
and size?? sadly, very little to do with concussions... big guys get them just like little guys

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s sad. He has life-changing money from his rookie deal, but maybe not generational money. Was a couple years away, and was good this year

Some people’s bodies are just not meant to play NFL football. Kind of a Beanie Wells situation. He can open an insurance agency in Tuscaloosa and live the rest of his days on east street.

Beanie had a messed-up knee. Not exactly uncommon for running backs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If the shots are directed at the head, your physical size won't mitigate the concussive effect.

Eric Lindros at 6-4/220 was one the biggest, toughest guys in the NHL and concussions from hits to the head prematurely ended his career.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Beanie is, by far, the most undeservingly disrespected player in the history of this board. His body was not frail lol. He blew his knee out, like most players do, and then played the remainder of the season on it because he was tough as nails and we didn’t have anyone else.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Beanie is, by far, the most undeservingly disrespected player in the history of this board. His body was not frail lol. He blew his knee out, like most players do, and then played the remainder of the season on it because he was tough as nails and we didn’t have anyone else.
Andre Wadsworth is another player who deserve more respect too. A potential great player who like Eric Swann had an injury he could not control by no fault of his own

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Andre Wadsworth is another player who deserve more respect too. A potential great player who like Eric Swann had an injury he could not control by no fault of his own
Both 100% correct.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr