Conan the Barbarian (2011)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read any of the Conan novels so I can't comment on how closely it follows the books. However it did seem to have much more of a story than the previous versions. I thought the acting was better in this one obviously (sorry Arnold).

Hey, when in the first minute of the movie you see the first topless chick you know right away you probably won't be disappointed. In fact there was just about the right ratio of topless women in this movie. Although more would have been better IMO.
:devil:

Then there were endless fight scenes. So you pretty much had non stop action and a lot of gore.
:jedi:

All in all it was pretty much what I was expecting. A decent movie that satisfied my cravings for beautiful women and gratuitous violence.
:grabs:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read any of the Conan novels so I can't comment on how closely it follows the books. However it did seem to have much more of a story than the previous versions. I thought the acting was better in this one obviously (sorry Arnold).

Hey, when in the first minute of the movie you see the first topless chick you know right away you probably won't be disappointed. In fact there was just about the right ratio of topless women in this movie. Although more would have been better IMO.

They were all topless?

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Worth a matinee, unless you're like Stout...in which case you should avoid it at all costs.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie ranks 7 pages of pre-release posts and then a couple of comments once it's out?

I have it sitting here waiting to be watched but haven't gotten around to it for about a week. Someone convince me whether I should pop it in or return it!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie ranks 7 pages of pre-release posts and then a couple of comments once it's out?

I have it sitting here waiting to be watched but haven't gotten around to it for about a week. Someone convince me whether I should pop it in or return it!

Bad movie. Return it. Remain sane.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

I'd say watch it...but only under the influence of an intoxicant of your choosing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody that doesn't think the original Conan's were bad films....watch them again. Overacting and bad dialog to boot. I still loved em....at the time...LOL.

I don't expect much in that arena with this new version. I am probably going to rent this weekend.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boo! It was a lot of fun. Watch it!

It was? Then what the heck did I watch? I had low expectations and it missed them by a long shot. The only redeeming part of the movie was the 3 or 4 minute fight scene involving young Conan. I bought it on Blu Ray, watched it once and then trashed the movie. Are you sure you're not just goofing on Pariah?

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody that doesn't think the original Conan's were bad films....watch them again. Overacting and bad dialog to boot. I still loved em....at the time...LOL.

I don't expect much in that arena with this new version. I am probably going to rent this weekend.

I agree completely, bad movies but still fun to watch - especially the first one. For me, the new version is just as bad as the old one but didn't include the fun. Maybe it's just that I couldn't figure out why they remade it.

Steve

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible. ...or, at least the first 40 minutes were. I mercifully fell asleep.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... this was awful. Conan just came off not as a barbarian... but more of just a douchebag. truly AWFUL movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn