Coming 2 America

UncleChris

Retirement Doesn't Suck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what elevated the first one was the newness of the characters. I appreciated seeing them again, but the first time is usually the best.

(the whole 2nd movie would have been worthwhile just to see the barbershop gang again... :D )

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oh it’s nowhere NEAR the original. That’s a comedy classic.

I remember watching it when it first came out. Loved it and decided to watch it again a few months ago. Was shocked that there were topless girls in the beginning of the movie. I didn't remember that at all. Just like watching Back to the Future and Goonies when I was 10 and never knew there were so many s bombs in it. Crazy how back in the 80s, cuss words weren't big of a deal, but now they are.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hold a candle to the first one but the nostalgia was on overload. We enjoyed it but didn't go in with high expectations either.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hold a candle to the first one but the nostalgia was on overload. We enjoyed it but didn't go in with high expectations either.

This sums up our experience as well. John Legend at the end was my favorite part of the movie. That dude can sing.