Colt McCoy era ends

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe the Colt McCoy era was still going in the first place. Dude looked as done as Kliff last year.

However, I did think that Colt would start Week 1, since the alternatives were the lowest drafted rookie to ever start Week 1 and a guy who has yet to practice with this team. We are really getting the Full Monti this offseason.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
You’ll find this prediction in the “News of the Game” that I posted earlier today based on what I was heard on the chatter from my contacts. When I write “rumor” some object.
Cant make them all happy. We appreciate the insight.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe the Colt McCoy era was still going in the first place. Dude looked as done as Kliff last year.

However, I did think that Colt would start Week 1, since the alternatives were the lowest drafted rookie to ever start Week 1 and a guy who has yet to practice with this team. We are really getting the Full Monti this offseason.
Never go full third choice GM. Hard landing ahead.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The lack of foresight this FO has is troubling to say the least.
I agree on several fronts.
The front office has been very tight lipped about the Kyler Murray return from injury.
This is a twofold issue.
If Kyler is not coming back anytime soon (or at all this season if some reports are true), I maintain that they should have went out in the offseason and got a qualify backup to hold down the fort (and Colt was not that guy).
If Kyler comes back earlier than everyone believes then, again, it was foolish to throw a 5th round pick at a late acquisition who probably does nothing for us in the short term.
So, either the foresight is truly lacking or they are purposely putting a bad product on the field.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me all of this speaks of a lack of unified vision with the front office.

McCoy being a Bidwill guy...Hard Knocks...

We probably had to get a complete disaster to move on.
I was wondering the same. How much was Bidwill pimping McCoy?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Paul says McCoys fate was completely decided in the MN practices...Says that Monti was watching carefully...that Flores had the MN defense show regular season looks for Colt and Colt couldn't get it done.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They were idiots to do all of that.

And his experience? He is an AWFUL Starting QB and even last year was a below average backup. That experience is meaningless when the overwhelming majority of it was bad to awful.

And they decided for 98% of the off-season, they were going with that trash to be their opening day starter. And now are facing starting a QB who will have what… ten days with the team and never even taken a pre-season snap to start the year… who they ALSO could have gotten much much earlier this season, but were literally a day late and a dollar short, continuing to show their lack of foresight there.
I agree with this.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL at the outrage. This is a team that is clearly rebuilding. Rebuilding teams generally invest very little in back up QBs. It's better that way, they aren't competing anyway even with a high end backup.
I think it is pretty clearly a mistake. They are either starting the NFL season with a rookie who has taken limited snaps with the first team or a journeyman vet who has taken limited snaps with the first team. I don't know how that puts players into positions to be successful and compete.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If we're starting Dobbs the darkside needs to polish me a seat and slow pour me 2 pints
Cards are still winning outright in Washington! I'm not coming off that prediction. I think they'll lose a bunch of games after that, but for week 1, this will be the game where they are the most prepared and focused, IMO....and there's a crap ton of pressure on Rivera and Bieniemy. Let's also not forget, it's not like Washington is starting a high caliber QB, with Sam Howell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody trying to spin giving most of the 1st team reps in camp to a guy you cut before the first game is crazy.

I have no problem with cutting him. How it took you 6 months to figure out he would not be the starter is just horrendous. If this was Keim and KK it would be a meltdown.

Tune got plenty of 1st team reps in practice.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison