Colorado Rockies @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread Sep 11th - Sep 14

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Let's get the split

Pretty confident Godley will give us that chance... question is will our bats stay hot enough? Bettis has had a pretty bad year... and although JD rakes lefties, we will seem to have greater success against righties.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Goldy was a late-bloomer when compared to guys like Trout, Arrenado, etc... He's already 30 years old! I would think that if he can reach 2,,000 hits, it would be quite an accomplishment! If he stays close to his current season averages, he would get to 2,000 in six years. He would also pop over 300 HR's that same year, as well as exceed 1,200 RBI and 1,200 Runs Scored for his career in that season. A lot can happen over the next 6 seasons of course, but... 300+ HR's / 1,200+ RBI, 1,200+ Runs Scored and 2,000+ Hits would certainly put him in the HOF discussion... Will be fun to watch the second half of his career for sure!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Goldy was interviewed and asked if he will remember this milestone for years. His answer - "No."

I know he is a humble guy, but to have no care in the world of your accomplishments is being a little to humble. I get not going all out showing it off, but at least acknowledge what you have done. How about saying "its great to get to this number, but I will work harder to get the next milestone." Something other then No.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Goldy was interviewed and asked if he will remember this milestone for years. His answer - "No."

I know he is a humble guy, but to have no care in the world of your accomplishments is being a little to humble. I get not going all out showing it off, but at least acknowledge what you have done. How about saying "its great to get to this number, but I will work harder to get the next milestone." Something other then No.

We mere mortals can't begin to comprehend the degree of humility Goldy possesses. I have had the pleasure/honor of meeting him on several occasions as he attends my church and on 2 separate occasions, he spoke (along with a few other athletes) on a panel hosted by Ron Wolfley (he also attends my church). Anyway, sitting there listening to Goldy (and his wife Amy) discuss what actually does make the man tick, the entire audience was in awe. Make no mistake, he is driven to excel in ways most athletes can't compare! But his desire to do well ONLY stems from his deep appreciation for the concept of team and how his contributions ONLY help the team. He doesn't give a damn whatsoever, where he stands in comparison to other players past and present. His sole focus is on team and getting the Dbacks to the highest levels. Equally important to him is his intense desire to serve others. There isn't one other athlete here in the Valley that spends more time in the community, particularly at Phoenix Children's Hospital, than does Goldy.
He is a very, very unique and rare human being...and along with guys like Fitz, Palmer, Warner and Shane Doan, the Valley has been incredibly fortunate to have had some of the alltime great athletes who possessed the highest levels of character...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many times do I have to warn you about staying away from Phoenix Athletes, 82??

(Great story, BTW). Can't you attend church in LA or Colorado?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We mere mortals can't begin to comprehend the degree of humility Goldy possesses. I have had the pleasure/honor of meeting him on several occasions as he attends my church and on 2 separate occasions, he spoke (along with a few other athletes) on a panel hosted by Ron Wolfley (he also attends my church). Anyway, sitting there listening to Goldy (and his wife Amy) discuss what actually does make the man tick, the entire audience was in awe. Make no mistake, he is driven to excel in ways most athletes can't compare! But his desire to do well ONLY stems from his deep appreciation for the concept of team and how his contributions ONLY help the team. He doesn't give a damn whatsoever, where he stands in comparison to other players past and present. His sole focus is on team and getting the Dbacks to the highest levels. Equally important to him is his intense desire to serve others. There isn't one other athlete here in the Valley that spends more time in the community, particularly at Phoenix Children's Hospital, than does Goldy.
He is a very, very unique and rare human being...and along with guys like Fitz, Palmer, Warner and Shane Doan, the Valley has been incredibly fortunate to have had some of the alltime great athletes who possessed the highest levels of character...

This small market team is going to be so strapped by the future contract of this great individual when age finally does get to him. I don't see any other path though.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This small market team is going to be so strapped by the future contract of this great individual when age finally does get to him. I don't see any other path though.

Yep... Really not sure how this team is going to deal with his contract, along with Robbie Ray, in the shadow of Greinke...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good to see Pollock continue to climb out of his slump! Marte is starting to look tired at the plate however... Might not be a bad idea to sit him for a few games. He really looks like he can use some time off.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Martinez is now tied for 45th on the Dbacks All-Time HR list

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard