Colin Cowherd season picks: Cards 7-9, Niners 6-10

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Add Cowherd to the Cardinal disbelievers. Says "the window has closed", pointed out Palmer declined last year, no mobility & sacked 40 times, special teams "a mess", and a few other choice words.

Fine. When everyone practically handed them the NFC championship before the season started last year, I really think it went to their heads and contributed to the awful season. Hopefully these guys come back with a chip on their collective shoulder and kick some ass this year. I think 10-11 wins is totally realistic.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He also said that the Rams were going to win 7 and the 49ers 6. Grain of salt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't blame him... I have no idea what to think of this team. I can see them going 7-9 and I could see them going as good as 11-5. If I was an outsider with no skin in the game, I'd prob lean the 7-9 too.

The Rams winnning 7 seems idiotic to me though.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Add Cowherd to the Cardinal disbelievers. Says "the window has closed", pointed out Palmer declined last year, no mobility & sacked 40 times, special teams "a mess", and a few other choice words.

Fine. When everyone practically handed them the NFC championship before the season started last year, I really think it went to their heads and contributed to the awful season. Hopefully these guys come back with a chip on their collective shoulder and kick some ass this year. I think 10-11 wins is totally realistic.
I find this Palmer declined last year rubbish. How many teams would kill to have a QB pass for 4200+ yards and 26 TD's. Which, I might add, was a better season than Russell Wilson.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

How many wins does the the return of Bruce Arians' health and swagger get us this year?

OP
OP
Brak

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many wins does the the return of Bruce Arians' health and swagger get us this year?

And John Brown's. And Honey Badger's. So many things got sideways last year. If they can just get a few more good breaks, and a few less bad ones, that's 3-4 games right there. Hell having the CatMan gone is probably 2 wins right there.

I just don't see them only winning 7. If that actually happens, it will be a hugely disappointing season.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If Palmer plays the way he did last year with an inconsistent OL, if the defense doesn't tackle better and still has liabilities at RCB and FS, and the STs continue to suck, the Rams will have a better record.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I can't blame him... I have no idea what to think of this team. I can see them going 7-9 and I could see them going as good as 11-5. If I was an outsider with no skin in the game, I'd prob lean the 7-9 too.

This is my thinking, too. I'm just hoping we're still more of the 2015 team than the 2016 team.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are grave issues on this team. ST, defensive backfield, ILB, WR. As was said, this team has the potential to win as many as 11 games but 7-9 isn't impossible.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't doubt anyone for questioning the Cardinals this year. I think we have a wide range of outcomes, and unfortunately the negative ones are easier to envision than the positive ones

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope every pundit picks us under 500 for the year. This teams needs to have a big chip on their shoulders.

Agreed. I think the Cardinals need to be motivated by the doubters to play with a sense of urgency. Last year they acted like they already won the SB after the release of the Amazon series All or Nothing. PP arriving to training camp in a helicopter was a red flag.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

"The Window has Closed" seems to be a favorite saying of the talking heads about the Cardinals. I just don't get it though. There are two key players who are near the end of their careers. Palmer and Fitz. However look at the ages of the other core players that are the future of this team:

Budda Baker 21
Jaron Brown 27
John Brown 27
Evan Boehm 23
Markus Golden 26
DJ Humphries 23
David Johnson 25
Chandler Jones 27
Tyrann Mathieu 25
JJ Nelson 24
Robert Nkemdiche 22
Patrick Peterson 27
Haason Reddick 22

That is a solid core of young players who are in their prime or haven't even hit their prime yet. The window may be starting to close for Fitz and Palmer to win a Super Bowl, but it sure isn't closing for the Cardinals as a team IMO.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have $100 on us being NFC champs and $100 on us winning the super bowl. I put those bets in months ago and the odds have almost doubled! damnit!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You guys said Colin Cowherd, and I started thinking about his co-host Kristine Leahy, and I lost my train of thought and forgot what this thread was about...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson