Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The voice cast for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has been released by Sony Pictures Animation.

An all-star voice cast headed by Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Bruce Campbell, Mr. T, and Tracy Morgan, will bring to life the characters of Sony Pictures Animation's Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, set for release January 15, 2010, in mouthwatering 3D. The film is written and directed by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, based on the bestselling children's book written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. Pam Marsden is the producer.

In 2010, Columbia Pictures' and Sony Pictures Animation's Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs will be the most delicious event since macaroni met cheese. Inspired by the beloved children's book, the film focuses on a town where food falls from the sky like rain.

Bill Hader, star of "Saturday Night Live" and Superbad, will voice Flint Lockwood, a young inventor who dreams of creating something that will improve everyone's life. Anna Faris, who recently turned heads as the star of the comedy hit The House Bunny, takes on the role of Sam Sparks, a weathergirl covering the phenomenon who hides her intelligence behind a perky exterior. James Caan plays Tim Lockwood, Flint's technophobic father. Andy Samberg plays Brent, the town bully who has plagued Flint since childhood. Bruce Campbell plays Mayor Shelbourne, who figures out that Flint's invention can put the town, and more importantly himself, on the map. Mr. T plays the by-the-rules town cop Earl Devereaux, and Tracy Morgan takes on the role of Earl's rule-breaking son, Cal.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kids and I love that book, too. It's best read with a slight Sam Elliot inflection, IMO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Release Date: September 18, 2009 (conventional theaters & 3D IMAX)
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony), Sony Pictures Animation
Director: Chris Miller, Phil Lord
Screenwriter: Chris Miller, Phil Lord
Genre: Animation, Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG (for brief mild language)

Starring: Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Bruce Campbell, Andy Samberg, Mr. T, Benjamin Bratt, Bobb'E J. Thompson, Neil Patrick Harris

Plot Summary: In 2009, Columbia Pictures' and Sony Pictures Animation's "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" will be the most delicious event since macaroni met cheese. Inspired by the beloved children's book, the film focuses on a town where food falls from the sky like rain.

Bill Hader, star of "Saturday Night Live" and "Night of the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian," will voice Flint Lockwood, a young inventor who dreams of creating something that will improve everyone's life. Anna Faris, who recently turned heads as the star of the comedy hit "The House Bunny," takes on the role of Sam Sparks, a weathergirl covering the phenomenon who hides her intelligence behind a perky exterior. James Caan plays Tim Lockwood, Flint's technophobic father. Andy Samberg plays Brent, the town bully who has plagued Flint since childhood. Bruce Campbell plays Mayor Shelbourne, who figures out that Flint's invention can put the town, and more importantly himself, on the map and Mr. T plays the by-the-rules town cop Earl Devereaux.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very fun and entertaining kids movie! My children loved it! Good stuff!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun, fun movie.... The grandaughter loved it and the bride and I liked it even more. Lotsa little pieces that made me laugh out loud.

4 out of 5 stars.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really want to see it, but I think I'm stuck waiting for rental.
Bummer.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently watched. The kids loved it. I thought it was pretty good for a cartoon movie. I read that a sequel is in the works for 2014.