Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be starting a new script that I've been DYING to write for over two years... and I know there ain't no way that's happening today, with two possible picks in the 2nd. That's exciting.

Stay tuned about Rosen.

I'm ready for some excitement after yesterday.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But I don't have a view on it. I'm saying none of us know. I am arguing against the idea that because a trade hasn't been made that it clearly indicates how 31 other teams value Rosen. That is an unsubstantiated leap in logic.
That is YOUR opinion. Just like I have mine on Rosen not being worth a bag of chips currently. That's what agreeing to disagree is all about. Imo

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
....because he is a better player.

Rosen left ALOT of plays on the field last year.

He only had one good game, and if you were comparing that game to a good QB, you'd call it a mediocre game.

Agree to disagree. I think Rosen is equipped to be a better NFL player and would go first if he was in this year’s draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. I think Rosen is equipped to be a better NFL player and would go first if he was in this year’s draft.

He would go first? That's ridiculous.

The team with the 1st pick JUST passed on him.

31 other teams said NAW in even offering a 1st for him. One MIGHT still offer a 2nd.

This isn't a subjective thing anymore. We have an idea what the NFL thinks of Rosen.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He was basically saying the draft is all about finding replacements for other guys. That when Bosa was taken, you didn't see Solomon Thomas unfollowing the 49ers.

That Rosen is acting like he is above competition and taking those rumors of how he was arrogant in college and confirming them in the pros.

Man up and do your job, who cares if one guy gets 10 snaps another gets 10. Instead of using your fingers, get to work.

So yeah, he trashed him pretty hard and basically called him unprofessional and now 'he'll get his butt shipped somewhere else and be their problem'.

Shots fired.

And missed

.Rosen has been
professional thru this whole situation.So he finally got pissed and had enough.After being told "your our guy" and then being cut off at the knees
Who wouldn't be pissed.SK/KK burned the trust bridge not Rosen .

Reaction score
Was just listening to local radio in my car and they had on Josh Weinfuss who said that as of a couple of hours ago, the card and Miami where nowhere near close to a deal for Rosen. Make of that what you will.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And missed

.Rosen has been
professional thru this whole situation.So he finally got pissed and had enough.After being told "your our guy" and then being cut off at the knees
Who wouldn't be missed.SK/KK burned the trust bridge not Rosen .

Deleting IG pics is professional? Its childish.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why would any team offer anything more.

You guys are being delusional in your hate of the Murray pick.

Look at it like this: if you were a Redskins fan, would you have wanted your team to offer #15 for Rosen after last year? After he poured and deleted IG pics? After his college coach threw him under the bus? After his craptacular season? No I wouldnt.

2nd rounder has always been best possible.

You and I totally agree on this. I just don't think that it defines the overall talent level of the player.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this around 9pm EST last night along with the offer the Cards turned down. This is still not a done deal. Miami thinks the Cards might accept a 3rd or 3rd & 4th.
At this point I would take it . Still talent in 3rd and 4th and we could always use those to move up.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
That is YOUR opinion. Just like I have mine on Rosen not being worth a bag of chips currently. That's what agreeing to disagree is all about. Imo
But that wasn't what you said. If you'd just said that you don't think Rosen's worth much and listed "your" reasons for thinking that, then we could just agree or disagree.

But arguing that because no trade has been finalized as proof of other team's disinterest or their thoughts on Rosen's ability/value is flat out a false premise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You and I totally agree on this. I just don't think that it defines the overall talent level of the player.

If we agree, why the handwringing?

Josh's value is maybe a 2nd rounder. He showed more to doubt him last year than to believe in him.

The Cardinals drafted him into a horrible situation, but he clearly didnt make the best of it. Stats bare that out. And the league doubts him now....all 32 teams.