Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Its crazy. The Giants would rather use the 6th pick in the draft on Daniel Jones than trade for Rosen. The rumors about his personality must be scaring people off.
Yet, most people are chastising the Giants for over-drafting him so what are their actions really worth? Not to mention, they've drafted a QB 3 years in a row now and kept Eli way past his prime. Are the Giants really who we're going to use as a barometer for what Rosen's "worth" is?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my eyes, we wasted our #1 overall pick for a guy who is going to come in, struggle, win us nothing, and end up off the team in 5 years. Josh Rosen could have also struggled and won us nothing, but at least we'd have had an awesome defense.
Quinnen Williams would have made us one of the scariest defenses in the league right now. Hell, Bosa too. Throw maybe getting a Greedy Williams at 33 and this defense would be set.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-6 is my standard for Murray next year.Anything less is failure IMO.
This team has too many holes to be considered a 10 win team. IMO, if he has a season like Plummer had his rookie year which was the offense showed marked improvement even though we lost a lot of games, I'd be happy but if it's another season of a constant chorus line offense(1-2-3-kick) that averages 11PPG then I would agree it would be a failure. You can only shine a turn to a certain degree before realizing it won't be anything other than a turd.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That's way higher than I'd go to actually consider him successful, haha. If he got us to 10-6 next year I might just get a Kyler Murray tattoo.

I'd really need to see him put up 6-7 wins and genuinely be part of the reason for them. No series of "we won 13-10" games against the 49ers.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet, most people are chastising the Giants for over-drafting him so what are their actions really worth? Not to mention, they've drafted a QB 3 years in a row now and kept Eli way past his prime. Are the Giants really who we're going to use as a barometer for what Rosen's "worth" is?
No one is beating down the door either for a supposed top prospect from last year.. what other explanation is there at this point? If the dolphins thought he was worth something it would have been the 48th and been over with by now. Jmo

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is ludicrous. come on. we were the worst team in the league last year. if Murray's addition makes them, say 8-8 and they win 5 more games than last year, that's failure? You're setting an impossible standard at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's way higher than I'd go to actually consider him successful, haha. If he got us to 10-6 next year I might just get a Kyler Murray tattoo.

I'd really need to see him put up 6-7 wins and genuinely be part of the reason for them. No series of "we won 13-10" games against the 49ers.

i think this is totally fair.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No one is beating down the door either for a supposed top prospect from last year.. what other explanation is there at this point? If the dolphins thought he was worth something it would have been the 48th and been over with by now. Jmo
They're not bidding against anyone else. They have all of the control.

Just like I was saying throughout this entire process, there were very few teams looking for a QB like Rosen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't know what we have in Murray yet. He hasn't played a down but the years of drafting ineptitude and then hiring the wrong coach led to last season. IMO we could have had Vince Lombardi coaching this team and not do much better. Keim and Arians did nothing to build this team for the future and now look where we are.

If you don't think that we'll be far more competitive this year than last, then there's no sense having a debate about it. Furthermore, Keim had no say in hiring Wilks last year. Saying that we don't know what we have in Murray is disingenuous. No one can guarantee results, but there's a significantly higher chance he'll be great than be a bust. But, every single draftee comes into the league without a 100% tag on themselves.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If Murray makes it through the year and gets us anywhere near 8 wins, I will be thrilled. By the next year we may become relevant again.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're not bidding against anyone else. They have all of the control.

Just like I was saying throughout this entire process, there were very few teams looking for a QB like Rosen.
That's not my point. But I hear ya.