Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 2-26-20

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Feb 25, 2020.

1. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

That's silly. Go read all the other NBA forums and you'll see just as much referee blaming from all but maybe one or two teams. There is no NBA agenda to screw over Phoenix but like some other bad teams, we have more justification for complaining than most. But there isn't a team out there with stripe happy fans. The quality of NBA refereeing has been horrible the past few years and it's human nature to be more cognizant of the calls that go against your team. There's nothing "out of control" about it.

2. TJ

TJ NUKed

upload_2020-2-26_21-22-39.gif

3. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Doesn't that make it a financial decision? 'Just a reminder who calls the shots.

Money not invested in players stays in the hands of the investors.

I think the NBA office should investigate situations like that.

4. BC867

Yes. Like it or not, a team has to earn good calls.

The long-time cellar dwellers are not going to be rewarded.

Same mentality as the #1 team playing the #8 team in the playoffs.
    Instead of the #7 and #8 teams fighting it out. Etc.

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Suns did pay Tyler Johnson $19 million this season before they waived him but why not kick the tires on another player. Jonah Bolden was only here for three games. Adding a backup point guard should not be too difficult.

6. BC867

Eddie said, at one point, that Devin wasn't showing the usual effects of playing
    after participating in the All Star 3-point contest because he made a few shots.

Then . . . Devin was showing the usual effects of playing after participating in
    the All Star 3-point contest.

The Suns are not going to the playoffs, just as the past decade. Perhaps the
    highlight of the season is Book in the 3-point contest as well as being an
    injury replacement in the All Star game. We can't have our cake and it eat, too.

7. offset

offset i have a special purpose

I wonder if they are waiting until they get more info on Oubre’s knee before filling the roster spot. If he is going to be out an extended period of time they may be more apt to try to sign another wing.

8. Yuma

Yuma Passed my 90 days! Thanks BigRedRage!

He has been way more consistentally gppd this season than bad. I know we will have Rubio, Ayton, Oubre, Booker, Bridges and the two rookies next season. It will be intersting to see how they fill in around those guys.

Mainstreet likes this.
  9. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Yeah we're going to gave to agree to disagree. I think he's been a good player (maybe) a little more often than not but no way has he been good "way more" often. He wouldn't have a league average PER of 15 if that were the case and his on/off numbers would look a lot better. And IMO he's not like Bridges where his PER fails to reflect his impact, Kelly doesn't really do all the little things like Mikal does.

10. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Couldn’t watch the game last night and I just read the game thread. All kinds of ripping on Ayton, then I read the box score and he has 25, 17, and 3 blocks on 50% shooting.

Scratching my head on that one.

11. ArizonaSportsFan

ArizonaSportsFan Registered User

If I were to give a motive it would be that the 25 came so easily and then he started fumbling passes and rebounds. While everyone else had a relatively poor night and/or were being guarded by DPOY-type players, Ayton needed to do more to keep it close. Not just on him, of course, but within the stream of the game it is aggravating to see how many passes he fumbles, or rebounds he brings down to his waist for players to grab away, etc.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    GatorAZ and Ouchie-Z-Clown like this.
  12. Mainstreet

It's hard to know the thinking of the Suns front office. Bolden was brought in and released before Oubre's injury so that was not a factor. If I were to guess, I think the Suns are waiting on a specific player to be released. Whether Oubre's injury changes that, I don't know.

13. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

You are? You read this board every day. You're really scratching your head?

14. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Well, it's the turnovers he had, and his inability to take full advantage of what he could have done that is frustrating people.

I don't blame him for the loss at all, it was everyone else not being able to make a 3, and Booker just being terrible in general that lost us the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  15. Mainstreet

I know exactly what you mean.

The Suns problems is not their core players (Bridges, Oubre, Ayton, Booker and Rubio) it's the lack of talent that surrounds them. The Suns need more talent, not less. They need a bench.

The attitude of let's blame a player is getting old specifically blaming Ayton and Oubre for the Suns woes.