Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-9-2024

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8 years in Booker is who he is at this point. Ayton isn’t here, Monty isn’t here, Paul isn’t here but the same problems still are.

Booker is averaging like 13 ppg on elimination games. I was talking to my brother before the year started saying this was by far the most important year of Bookers career and holy hell. He’s not that guy and I think it’s pretty clear now.

A big part of Booker's problem is he isn't a PG but seems willing to allow the coaches and front office to utilize him as one. That was fine when it was for 5-10 minutes a game when Paul was resting but not as the primary PG. That isn't who he is. His stats look good so it doesn't appear to be an issue to those outside the fan base/organization who don't see it for 60+ games a season. For every game he does well there's another he doesn't and another where he could have been more effective if he wasn't forced to be our primary playmaker. It doesn't work. Point Book is fine if our starring PG is out for a handful of games but it should never be plan A.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big part of Booker's problem is he isn't a PG but seems willing to allow the coaches and front office to utilize him as one. That was fine when it was for 5-10 minutes a game when Paul was resting but not as the primary PG. That isn't who he is. His stats look good so it doesn't appear to be an issue to those outside the fan base/organization who don't see it for 60+ games a season. For every game he does well there's another he doesn't and another where he could have been more effective if he wasn't forced to be our primary playmaker. It doesn't work. Point Book is fine if our starring PG is out for a handful of games but it should never be plan A.

And the Suns didn't even deem fit to add a rotation point guard.

Even Frank Kaminsky would look good right now up front.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is infuriating as a fan to hear just chillin… the fudge you mean just chillin’! You ******** show up and perform heartless for half of a huge game and you’re just ok with it. Either that or he was so mad he didn’t really want to answer the question so just played it off… I hope that’s the case. We will see tonight if this team is done for the season or they gonna sack up and play good ball. At this point I have little faith seems there is something going on with this team us fans are not aware of. The Suns have done Book no favors of having him play pg way, WAY to much this season he is a SG and should be played as much 90-95% of the time. When he has to think and play PG he loses his game which is aggressive scoring period!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I honestly think KD and Book just party too much or smoke too much. They just come out looking like different players each game. My main gripe is still KD, just lack of accountability on himself for anything, none of this lead by example crap.
KD is dipping into his own stash too much, lol

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Leonard Cohen is dead, if they put him in the game I really like our chances.
"Give me a C! A bouncy C! The Clippers whooped the Suns asses. They did it so well. Tonight they're playing mind games. And whatever the hell else you want to put in there."

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
"Give me a C! A bouncy C! The Clippers whooped the Suns asses. They did it so well. Tonight they're playing mind games. And whatever the hell else you want to put in there."
Deep cut, man!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is infuriating as a fan to hear just chillin… the fudge you mean just chillin’! You ******** show up and perform heartless for half of a huge game and you’re just ok with it. Either that or he was so mad he didn’t really want to answer the question so just played it off… I hope that’s the case. We will see tonight if this team is done for the season or they gonna sack up and play good ball. At this point I have little faith seems there is something going on with this team us fans are not aware of. The Suns have done Book no favors of having him play pg way, WAY to much this season he is a SG and should be played as much 90-95% of the time. When he has to think and play PG he loses his game which is aggressive scoring period!

Devin Booker should be mad and embarrassed after a loss like this. Sadly, it tells me something I already suspected.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Book has checked out. He's never thrown a coach under the bus before I feel like it's coming. Vogel has to go. It's too late to make a change now so the Suns will continue to be at the mercy of Vogel's buffoonery for the next week to a month but if he's not fired the day after our season ends then I suspect Book will call for a change.

Best case is Kevin Young is hired by Charlotte, which gets him out of the running, and some playoff team suffers a first round loss and fires their coach. Ideally Ty Lue gets canned and we snatch him up. Of the coaches I could see being canned that I like though there's Quinn Snyder with Atlanta, Billy Donovan with Chicago, and Willie Green with New Orleans. I'm not going to dig into assistants out there. Willie Green would be amazing though. I think he's done well in New Orleans but I could also see him let go after a bad 1st round exit. Had Ishbia been here back then we might not have let him get away. Server wasn't paying assistants top dollar. He should have been groomed to succeed Monty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Martin Short character? Leonard Cohen wasn't very tall but I think he'd tower over Irving Cohen. I'm not sure height makes a difference though when you're talking dead guys but hey, it's basketball so who knows. Regardless, I would have liked our chances last night playing 5 on 4. Someone call the Commissioner and git 'er done!

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Book has checked out. He's never thrown a coach under the bus before I feel like it's coming. Vogel has to go. It's too late to make a change now so the Suns will continue to be at the mercy of Vogel's buffoonery for the next week to a month but if he's not fired the day after our season ends then I suspect Book will call for a change.

Best case is Kevin Young is hired by Charlotte, which gets him out of the running, and some playoff team suffers a first round loss and fires their coach. Ideally Ty Lue gets canned and we snatch him up. Of the coaches I could see being canned that I like though there's Quinn Snyder with Atlanta, Billy Donovan with Chicago, and Willie Green with New Orleans. I'm not going to dig into assistants out there. Willie Green would be amazing though. I think he's done well in New Orleans but I could also see him let go after a bad 1st round exit. Had Ishbia been here back then we might not have let him get away. Server wasn't paying assistants top dollar. He should have been groomed to succeed Monty.
Being a Suns fan, I fully expect either an Isiah Thomas or Doc Rivers hire this offseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This wasn't an elimination game, it just moved us from 6 to 7 in playoff seeding.

It's bad don't get me wrong, it just shouldn't be called an elimination game.
When it moves you from a playOFF team to a playIN team I think I’ll allow it to be counted as an important in a similar vein to an elimination. Less pressure though. Which makes his gawd awful no show the worse. He’s starting to fold under less pressure.

Man, I loved book coming into this season. But this year has really soured me. I’m fighting that feeling. But it’s getting more and more difficult.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe KD smokes too much but I doubt that's Booker's issue. I think it's his social life. But this is just my uninformed guess.

My uninformed opinion is that partying is part of his social life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard