Clippers @ Suns Thursday game thread 2-16-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the Clippers on Thursday before the All-Star break.

The Clippers 32-28 beat the Warriors on Tuesday.

Suns are now 32-27 after their win over the Kings.

They finish their three game home stand when they play the Thunder on Friday, 2-24-2023.

When: Thursday, February 16th

Television: TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8:00 pm Arizona Time

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think these are the two favorites to win it all. This game does not mean anything really. can't wait tell playoffs..................

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think these are the two favorites to win it all. This game does not mean anything really. can't wait tell playoffs..................
On talent and coaching? Yes I’d agree. But I just don’t trust the Clippers to either a) stay healthy b) have Kawhi and PG both be consistent factors. Ty Lue is a really good coach and there’s definitely some bad blood between these teams. Thursday should be fun.

The West is wide open. Suns need to get to the 2-3 seed if possible. I don’t think catching Denver is a possibility but who knows. Lot of basketball left.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On talent and coaching? Yes I’d agree. But I just don’t trust the Clippers to either a) stay healthy b) have Kawhi and PG both be consistent factors. Ty Lue is a really good coach and there’s definitely some bad blood between these teams. Thursday should be fun.

The West is wide open. Suns need to get to the 2-3 seed if possible. I don’t think catching Denver is a possibility but who knows. Lot of basketball left.
We play Denver twice near the end of the season, and if we go on a streak, we have an outside chance of catching them.

I fully expect us to overtake Memphis at #2 within the next couple weeks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m comfortable with 3, but could see us attaining 2. Depends on how long and how clunky integrating new and returning players is. We have the fifth toughest remaining schedule.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Leonard and PG at 2&3 have some off. advantage vs. defense by Book-Okogie-Craig, Ross definitely would help there. Ish should get a lot time also.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns seem to be playing with a swagger right now. Its like just knowing KD is coming gives them confidence.
I think it’s a new lease on life. This is a different team than the one who got embarassed in the playoffs and have been injured, bumbling and stumbling with weird Jae Crowder stuff going on.

I do think with a healthy squad, we had a shot of coming out of the West, but the stench of back to back playoff meltdowns can stick in a youngish team’s mind. It took a great Mavs team in 2007 and turned them to playoff mush for three years before they found their mettle and won the title. KD bridges that gap immediately for us. A new team. A new hunger. A new unicorn with something MAJOR to prove, who’s already a champion.

It’s gonna be fun.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's goooooo suns bit exhausted from vday stuff hope suns perk up my energy with w!

Awesome Ross active want to see good performances by cp3 da book and tj and Ross do well off bench

Wishing all cards suns fans a great day :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a new lease on life. This is a different team than the one who got embarassed in the playoffs and have been injured, bumbling and stumbling with weird Jae Crowder stuff going on.

I do think with a healthy squad, we had a shot of coming out of the West, but the stench of back to back playoff meltdowns can stick in a youngish team’s mind. It took a great Mavs team in 2007 and turned them to playoff mush for three years before they found their mettle and won the title. KD bridges that gap immediately for us. A new team. A new hunger. A new unicorn with something MAJOR to prove, who’s already a champion.

It’s gonna be fun.
This. To me the biggest hurdle was getting over the mental aspect of it all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This. To me the biggest hurdle was getting over the mental aspect of it all.
Yup. This trade should serve to cleanse burnt palate heading into the playoffs. It creates hope and confidence in place of any residual doubt that may have taken root from last seasons debacle in the playoffs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. This trade should serve to cleanse burnt palate heading into the playoffs. It creates hope and confidence in place of any residual doubt that may have taken root from last seasons debacle in the playoffs.
It helps that one of your major pieces wasn't part of that. You know Durant doesn't care what happened before he got here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyronn Lue with his take on Kevin Durant on the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to add Ayton to the above and describe the Suns as a four-headed monster.

IMO, Ayton will be the primary beneficiary.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics