Clippers at Suns 2/17

nowagimp

Reaction score
Getting everyone involved on offense often keeps them going on D. Gentry went deep into the bench early on (just like DA did tonight in the knicks win over the spurs(8 deep 20+mins). There was a lot of movement on offense and on defense. I believe nash when he says they are not in running shape yet. These guys are behaving like the've been released from a life sentence or something, they are relentless. Sure they will have tougher challenges, and they need to gell to play well against the better defenses, but its a start.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Young handsome fella, you were right. You are not just a good intelligent young man, you have the power to see in the future. You are truly flamboyantly righteous.

WTF? :confused:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
A good win despite it being against a bad team. This team came out firing on all cylinders and wanted to embarass the Clippers and did just that. I sure hope this is the first of many games like this because it is not only entertaining to watch, it usually results in a win.

Let's embarass the Clippers tomorrow.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Goran's shot has improved, but his ball handling skills are still unacceptable

His ball handling is ok as long as he is not trying Nash-imitation of dribbling through thick traffic in the paint. That's where he lost the handle several time. He should be able to have it some day. All in all though he is quite smart on the court.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
Young handsome fella, you were right. You are not just a good intelligent young man, you have the power to see in the future. You are truly flamboyantly righteous.

actually andrew, you did NOT see the future. You said you were "hoping" ... if you said .. "we WILL" ... then I will give you credit...lol

why do people give you a hard time?
I actually laughed when you quoted yourself.

Some guys need to develop a sense of humor.
Laughter is the key to a long and fulfilling life.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
His ball handling is ok as long as he is not trying Nash-imitation of dribbling through thick traffic in the paint. That's where he lost the handle several time. He should be able to have it some day. All in all though he is quite smart on the court.

It wasn't just on Nash-esque penetrating, but simple go to the hoop for a lay up plays. Seemed like the ball hit his knee and ricocheted way too many times.

Further, he needs to learn to be more of a spot up shooter and not hesitate. E.J. was all over him during the broadcast tonight, and rightfully so.

As you can tell, I really want this kid to succeed.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is that Mr. Hat talking or you?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again I was impressed by Dragic's defensive positioning. Even when he was scored on, he was in a good spot to bother the person who was driving to the hoop. It could also be that his positioning only looks so good because of Nash's :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't just on Nash-esque penetrating, but simple go to the hoop for a lay up plays. Seemed like the ball hit his knee and ricocheted way too many times.

Further, he needs to learn to be more of a spot up shooter and not hesitate. E.J. was all over him during the broadcast tonight, and rightfully so.

As you can tell, I really want this kid to succeed.

Likewise, I definitely want Dragic to succeed. I think Dragic made at least a couple of turnovers in the lane because he was tentative about taking the ball to the rim. He needs a healthy dose of confidence because he has the skills, especially passing the ball. His shooting should improve as well with confidence.

Lopez needs to add at least 15 pounds and get lots of playing time to have any hope. He will have to get this in the offseason.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Likewise, I definitely want Dragic to succeed. I think Dragic made at least a couple of turnovers in the lane because he was tentative about taking the ball to the rim. He needs a healthy dose of confidence because he has the skills, especially passing the ball. His shooting should improve as well with confidence.

I watched some highlight videos of him again when he played in Europe tonight. One thing I noticed...a lot, is that he doesn't really fake the guy defending off of him and try to shoot, like what Nash does. He's more of beat the guy off the dribble, or head fake him, then drive to the rim, sorta like what Tony Parker does. Maybe it's a Euro thing, and more US players just shoot the ball instead?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great game even if it was against the Clippers. :)

Suns had 33 fast break points to the Clippers 5. :)

Suns had 90 points in the paint to the Clippers 32. :)

Suns had 17 2nd chance points to the Clippers 4. :)