Clippers at Suns 2/17

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
So who do I owe these 50 A$FN dollars to? remember making a bet that amar'e won't stay. I admit I lost that bet but damn if it means more games like this i'll just hand out these things out daily. Also, damn I totally called it that Porter didn't know what the hell he was doing.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lets beat a real team before we get excited.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Lets beat a real team before we get excited.

Maybe you're forgetting that the Suns have looked like crap against bad teams all year long. For them to dominate anyone is a big accomplishment, even if it's a WNBA practice squad.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Great game even if it was against the Clippers. :)

Suns had 33 fast break points to the Clippers 5. :)

Suns had 90 points in the paint to the Clippers 32. :)

Suns had 17 2nd chance points to the Clippers 4. :)
That's gotta be a record of some sort.
So who do I owe these 50 A$FN dollars to? remember making a bet that amar'e won't stay. I admit I lost that bet but damn if it means more games like this i'll just hand out these things out daily. Also, damn I totally called it that Porter didn't know what the hell he was doing.

<--- :wave:

While regrettably against a lame team, NBA players are NBA players, and that was an amazing game.

Quite the breath of fresh air, and a solid argument against the Porter apologists. He must be weeping in his 4 million dollar buyout tonight.

Apparently the biggest win for the first game of a new coach in history.

Clippers just got SUNS'd!!!

:suns: They're Baaaaaack!!! :suns:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're forgetting that the Suns have looked like crap against bad teams all year long. For them to dominate anyone is a big accomplishment, even if it's a WNBA practice squad.

Amen brother. I think when the Suns manage to blow out teams like this is shows that this team is not devoid of talent.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Per espn.com

Zach Randolph said:
He hopped up and got in my face and almost kissed me in my mouth. I just pushed him out of my face.

Lou Amundson said:
I was getting in his face, but I wasn't trying to kiss him.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
Again I was impressed by Dragic's defensive positioning. Even when he was scored on, he was in a good spot to bother the person who was driving to the hoop. It could also be that his positioning only looks so good because of Nash's :)

He got crossed and scored on by Baron Davis and Gordon. But you still can see his potential to become a very good defender. For one, he recovers his position well to bother the shooter somehow. Also, once he has more experience with those NBA players, he'd learn to move his feet differently to better stay in front of them. I'm not worried that he will grow with court time.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
He got crossed and scored on by Baron Davis and Gordon. But you still can see his potential to become a very good defender. For one, he recovers his position well to bother the shooter somehow. Also, once he has more experience with those NBA players, he'd learn to move his feet differently to better stay in front of them. I'm not worried that he will grow with court time.

if he only he could get a jumper to match, eh?

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in Barnes and Dragic for not helping Amundson get up while that fat ass was standing over him? They just walked around him instead of lending a hand and it let to him getting punched in the face.. they could have easily stopped it before it happened but they decided to walk back after it happened.. Tucker ran to help and good thing he did but damn Barnes and Dragic didn't really seem to care.. i'm glad they didn't retaliate but how bout picking a guy up off the ground instead of walking around him and watching while some guy is just talking **** to him. Don't want Gentry to ruin the mood but something needs to be said bout that.. that's not good team chemistry at all.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Per espn.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Randolph
He hopped up and got in my face and almost kissed me in my mouth. I just pushed him out of my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Amundson
I was getting in his face, but I wasn't trying to kiss him.
Yeah that's just a thug talking out his thug ass. He threw him to the ground, stood over top of him, started taunting him, hits him in the face, THEN pulls the "he tried to kiss me" card? What a degenerate scum. No remorse for being a classless fool...

If he isn't suspended for at least two weeks I will be pissed. I can't remember the last time I saw a swing. Pushes, jersey grabs, etc, but its been a few seasons since Ive seen a punch attempt

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in Barnes and Dragic for not helping Amundson get up while that fat ass was standing over him? ... Don't want Gentry to ruin the mood but something needs to be said bout that.. that's not good team chemistry at all.

Yeah, good, let's create an atmosphere where everyone on the Suns overreacts to confrontations and rushes into the fray as quickly as possible. That's worked well in the past.

Amundson can take care of himself. He's a big boy.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, good, let's create an atmosphere where everyone on the Suns overreacts to confrontations and rushes into the fray as quickly as possible. That's worked well in the past.

Amundson can take care of himself. He's a big boy.

and u might provoke Zach even more if Lou is supported by his teammates.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in Barnes and Dragic for not helping Amundson get up while that fat ass was standing over him? They just walked around him instead of lending a hand and it let to him getting punched in the face..

Yeah, Goran walking away was lame. Barnes looked to have his back to the play so maybe didn't see it. But Goran was looking right at him and walked away.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Even if it was just the Clippers, it was great to see all the guys laughing and having fun. Amare looked especially happy - he even hugged the interviewer (what's his name) guy post game.

LoL, at Nash post game in the locker. Trying to give Props to Terry Porter when everyone knows he was one of the biggest whiners about the new system.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Goran walking away was lame. Barnes looked to have his back to the play so maybe didn't see it. But Goran was looking right at him and walked away.
Goran walked towards Lou but saw he was getting up on his own so he went to get the ball. I agree a little more backup would have been nice but Dragic seems like the most timid person on this team. Not surprised he didn't read the sittuation well enough to offer his assistance.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Giffy

You must be registered for see images attach

Definitely a lame punch, more a push than a strike. He didnt even set his feet for the strike, it wasnt going to hurt anyone. Its a good thing these big guys fight like sissies. Anyone with skills gets an open shot like that barefisted and its gonna be ugly, KO and /or broken jaw. A palm strike(open hand) is actually more dangerous if one knows how to use it. Martial artists break boards, bricks with palm strikes. Suspend the idiot for bad example.

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
I just check out the boxscore...saw AG played everyone near 20 minutes. Do you think he continues this? Keeps players fresh and always running. I wonder if he keeps it up.

I like it.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
He was going after the ball, which was on it's way to half court. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Once the punch was thrown Tucker bolted to the scene and Barnes immediately redirected himself. I'm sure they were all just as surprised as Amudson was. The ref was already heading over to split them up before the punch was thrown. And it was obvious the incident ended just as quickly as it began.

But yeah, lets encourage our players to become MORE involved in altercations.

/facepalm

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just check out the boxscore...saw AG played everyone near 20 minutes. Do you think he continues this? Keeps players fresh and always running. I wonder if he keeps it up.

I like it.

No he won't. He can't afford to against the better teams in the league. And let's face it, the Clippers were one of the worst teams last night.