Cliches…wanna play?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or, now that we’ve whiffed on several notable hires: “We knew all along that this was our top guy.”

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And part of me wishes the presser announcing the new HC had a BS filter, so MB’s word salad would translate to “He came cheap and desperately wanted to become a HC in this league.”

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What we have been doing wasn't working, so we decided we needed to shake things up and go in a new and different direction.

Mr Inexperienced is going to bring his new creative philosophy to our team and the nfl. He was beginning to climb the ladder and we were fortunate to grab him before other teams realized his potential.
or
Mr 65 yr old guy, who has been around the league for 40 years in 15 different positions, will bring all that experience with him to make us a better team. We are lucky to have acquired him as our head coach before someone else did.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest one for me, and we've been doing it too.

"We were looking for a culture of winning/excellence/consistency/insert term here"

As if every team isn't looking for the exact same thing. Nobody ever said "We've looking for an easy going guy who's just happy to be here".

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"After casting the net far and wide we have decided, and knew from the start, that the best candidate for the job was already in house. I am pleased to announce the promotion of Vance Joseph to Head Coach of YOUR Arizona Cardinals".

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm betting it has to be one of the 3 new interviews this week because there wouldn't have been the very public courting of Payton.

This way MB can say, "we knew this was our guy as soon as we sat down with him".

They're going to hire Lou or Kafka. I'll bet money on it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
"In the end, and out of all of the candidates, we decided Coach X was the best fit for our organization"

and

"Coach X has the exact philosophy that we were looking for"

and

"We're 100% confident Coach X is going to lead our team to a championship"

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"We told you from the beginning that we were going to cast a wide net and not rush into a reactive hiring. Monti and I agree that the new coach of the Arizona Cardinals is the best fit to continue and build on the success that we have previously had."

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
"At the end of the day", "definitely", "You know"... now don't judge these cliche statements right away, but give yourself to look at the tape, and don't say you did not see that :raccoon:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every year we see it. We see teams go from outhouse to the penthouse, even competing for championships all in the space of one year. It's possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose