Clark Concerns

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hoping a worrisome trend isn’t starting in the Cards‘ secondary. First, Wallace is cut without even a brief explanation. Teams don‘t always make clarifications, but Wallace wasn’t just a guy. He was playing a significant role and playing it decently. Now I read in Arizona Sports that Clark was healthy last week, but held out of the game. I thought he was still an injury recovery issue. It’s true he’s gotten beaten badly in a couple of recent games, but he’s a rookie CB being matched up against some of the games’ top receivers. Normally late round CBs get played in spots or at best as the slot CB. Clark was the number 2 CB in numerous games. He didn’t back down. He didn’t seem to lose his self confidence. So what happened. It’s one thing if he just needed a break. It’s entirely different if they’ve lost faith in him. Maybe Clark will get back on the field soon and this will be all over. I do know rookies can be damaged if they feel their team has lost faith in them. I’m just concerned if this is going to be a “my way” or ”the highway.” I could be overreacting, but I’m concerned.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do expect some mistakes from him considering the coaches perspective, the sixth rounder has been the starter from day 1, not an easy task considering our defensive line ineptitude,but he has been better then Marco Wilson who allows opponents qb's great QBR

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There’s always more to these stories and personnel matters shouldn’t be handled in the public sphere. Wallace was good, something happened, and he was let go. It happens and if it was a conduct issue, I doubt the team will say a word about it, nor should they.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, and their ideas of what they want, are looking for, etc. may be totally different than the way you or I see or want things on here to be.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This article makes some assumptions of why he didn't play.

Kei’Trel Clark

Playing nearly 100% of the defensive snaps, Clark looked to have a cemented spot in the starting lineup through four weeks of the season.

These past three games have not followed that thinking, however.

Clark has seen no more than 40% of defensive reps in each of the past three games. Even in his Week 6 start against the Los Angeles Rams, the sixth-rounder was on the field 56% of the time defensively.

Week 7 was even worse, with Clark failing to log a defensive or special teams snap in the loss.

Has he hit that rookie wall or is it really a matchup-based decision?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard