Christian Kirk?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are people advocating that we should have kept him at his current contract?

If we gave him that much $$ this place would have melted down.
I'm happy for him, but last year there were some who seemed to want to cut him outright for some drops. Lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both TDs came from either outta the backfield or a motion play action. I dont really see them using him too different than what we did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kudos to @DVontel. He wanted Amon Ra St Brown as a potential Kirk replacement. I didnt see it, but he looks really good for the Lions.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy for him, but last year there were some who seemed to want to cut him outright for some drops. Lol.
I do think we miss his ability to stretch the field from the slot. We seemed to be killing teams last year with deep passes to Kirk to start the season. Not sure Rondale can run those routes and not sure we quite trust Dortch to run those routes. Maybe Hollywood when Hopkins comes back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both TDs came from either outta the backfield or a motion play action. I dont really see them using him too different than what we did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kudos to @DVontel. He wanted Amon Ra St Brown as a potential Kirk replacement. I didnt see it, but he looks really good for the Lions.

Yeah that was an amazing call because I saw the kid play in college and I thought he was an NFL player but I had no idea how good he was going to be. Kid is legit.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Greg Dortch has 11 receptions 111 yards and a TD. He only costs the Cardinals $895K. Seems like a way better value to me.
I think part of that is how Kliff schemed Dortch open. Kirk was a legit deep threat who opened up our passing attack.
Yeah that was an amazing call because I saw the kid play in college and I thought he was an NFL player but I had no idea how good he was going to be. Kid is legit.
I was high on him his freshman year, but he didnt impress me much after that. Rondale has more "potential" but not sure he'll be better than Brown. Just seems more solid.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Kirk didn’t impress me here. And he got overpaid massively. I AM beginning to wonder why a first round pick was traded for “Hollywood” Brown though.
Do you really feel that way? Brown doesn’t even know the offense. You can tell because I count at least 4-5 times I saw Zach Ertz telling him where to line up. Plus Murray is telling where he’s supposed to be and the route. Mid season, I think he starts lighting it up especially with Hop.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you really feel that way? Brown doesn’t even know the offense. You can tell because I count at least 4-5 times I saw Zach Ertz telling him where to line up. Plus Murray is telling where he’s supposed to be and the route. Mid season, I think he starts lighting it up especially with Hop.
Brown doesn't know the offense. Isn't the office the same as what he played at Oklahoma? I thought KK built the offense around Kyler's playing style at Oklahoma.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brown doesn't know the offense. Isn't the office the same as what he played at Oklahoma? I thought KK built the offense around Kyler's playing style at Oklahoma.
three years ago??..or 4??

you think guys remember the details that long?

Kirk?? Good for him... from my heart I hope he has 2000 yards and 20 touchdowns this year.
then enjoys coming home to arizona to watch the playoffs with his family.

Browm...well he will get better... it takes time to adjust, settle in...relax and play ball.
Kirk may well end the season with better stats than Brown.....that doesnt mean we should have paid him 18mil a year.

we, as a team, need Brown to go out and earn 20mil a year..... Hop aint getting any younger, and Brown is the heir apparent to our superstar WR character... IMO Hop wont be on the team in 2025...maybe 24.... we really need Brown and Moore to work out, as well as a freshly drafted 6 foot 4 guy at WR

But drops?? Drops are unacceptable. Marquis "Hollywood" brown is paid to be a professional WR in the EN EFF muddafuggin ELL...and he damn sure needs to perform like it... drops should be 3 times a season,...not 3 times a game.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's been great I am happy for him but I think it's a premature victory lap.

After 2 games last year 9 target 8 catches 2 TD's 135 yards

This year 18 targets 12 catches 2 TD's 195 yards.

So twice the targets about 50% slightly better production.

THey clearly have figured out how to use him so far.
Agreed..also a little food for thought; who else are the Jags going to give that volume to? Marvin jones? No.

No one else to truly handle that volume and you better believe his contract dictates that as well.

With that said - they are using him well. He even has A solid amount of YAC yards which I am surprised at as he showed zero elusiveness while here - OR our bubble screens and limited movement/route trees doesn’t allow a WR to show that.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
He is looking phenomenal in Jacksonville. Everyone laughed at the contract Jacksonville gave them, but he has been proving doubters wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pederson has been moving him around. He’s not just running 9 routes & comeback routes all game long anymore.

Wait does moving your players around and into different positions and looks make it harder to defend? Giving your players greater chance of success?