Chriss???

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So he doesn't appear out of shape, which is good. I guess if he washes out of the league he might be able to sign with the Globetrotters to be a dunker.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys be the judge:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He’s got great leaping ability (which we already knew) and maybe it’s just me but he looks heavier in this game than he did at the end of last season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Looks like Chriss isn’t taking kindly to the criticism he’s received this summer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Looks like Chriss isn’t taking kindly to the criticism he’s received this summer.

That tweet seems light hearted. And yes, the over analyzation of everything by hard core sports fans has got to feel absurd to the dudes under the microscope.

He played a game in a pro-am near his old university and he's got people ripping on him for playing in it vs summer league, people analyzing the defense, or lack there of, and speculating on his weight. He plays in an event for his old community, filled with a lot of current and former pros and people are bashing him online for it.

I've been critical of Chriss' play but he's got a target on his back that I don't know if I've seen another Sun have before. Maybe the Morrii... but it took them preforming criminal acts and then publicly trashing to team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t care if he played in that glorified practice, my only concern is that the Suns said he wouldn’t play in the SL because he was on some summer workout regimen in Seattle.

Except he wasn’t in Seattle during summer league, he was in Vegas watching the team. So who’s being dishonest here? IMO, it’s not the team because they wouldn’t have said what they said if they thought he would be in Vegas the whole time. And would the optics be any worse if they simply said, “We want Dragan to get the SL work, we’re not as concerned about Chriss right now.” Except they DIDN’T say that.

My problem is just with the communication. And why haven’t any of the beat writers asked McD about it?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was listening to (or reading) Igor's comments, and he just kept saying that he (Chriss) was "in a good place." It sounded really bizarre because he said it three or four times. Then we were told he was in Seattle, and then he showed up in Vegas. Something just doesn't add up.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
did he stay in Vegas or was he just there for the games. Its easy to get to vegas and back for a weekend trip.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t care if he played in that glorified practice, my only concern is that the Suns said he wouldn’t play in the SL because he was on some summer workout regimen in Seattle.

Except he wasn’t in Seattle during summer league, he was in Vegas watching the team. So who’s being dishonest here? IMO, it’s not the team because they wouldn’t have said what they said if they thought he would be in Vegas the whole time. And would the optics be any worse if they simply said, “We want Dragan to get the SL work, we’re not as concerned about Chriss right now.” Except they DIDN’T say that.

My problem is just with the communication. And why haven’t any of the beat writers asked McD about it?
It is an odd contradiction.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s got great leaping ability (which we already knew) and maybe it’s just me but he looks heavier in this game than he did at the end of last season.

I agree Chriss looks heavier but the optimist in me hopes it is muscle.

If he is out of shape this speaks volumes and the Suns are smart to stick with Bender. The days are over for players playing themselves in shape.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
They should have a social media class for NBA players in the league because it's probably frustrating if they're going to read and relate to everything that everyone is saying about them. Just get private accounts and stay away from click baits (sports and news) and message forums.

Only way to sway public opinion is by performing well in games and saying nice things on interviews. Don't stay up late and browse the internet guys!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have a social media class for NBA players in the league because it's probably frustrating if they're going to read and relate to everything that everyone is saying about them. Just get private accounts and stay away from click baits (sports and news) and message forums.

Only way to sway public opinion is by performing well in games and saying nice things on interviews. Don't stay up late and browse the internet guys!

Better yet, don't get a twitter account if one is not prepared to deal with criticism... deserved and undeserved.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Better yet, don't get a twitter account if one is not prepared to deal with criticism... deserved and undeserved.
Kids today just can’t control themselves in regards to social media. It’s as ingrained in their lives as the playground was in ours.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kids today just can’t control themselves in regards to social media. It’s as ingrained in their lives as the playground was in ours.

They almost need someone monitor what they say and do on twitter if they keep it. However, like you point out, they have been doing it since they were kids.

As @leclerc said, players need social media classes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They almost need someone monitor what they say and do on twitter if they keep it. However, like you point out, they have been doing it since they were kids.

It’s a sad state. But it’s the human condition to create create and create without much thought to the “should we’s” the “do we need controls” the potential ramifications. Race ahead consequences be damned.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was listening to (or reading) Igor's comments, and he just kept saying that he (Chriss) was "in a good place." It sounded really bizarre because he said it three or four times. Then we were told he was in Seattle, and then he showed up in Vegas. Something just doesn't add up.
Yeah I heard that Igor interview too. It could honestly be a mental issue thing. I remember during the season Bordow had an article in which Chriss was talking about how he’s had to deal with a lot of personal issues this past season. We sometimes forget that despite being young and millionaires, these players are human too.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s not just kids, this applies to some of the Baby Boomers as well.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It’s not just players, I can think of many prominent citizens and even diplomats that can use social media classes as well. Some of whom are well into their early 70s.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not just players, I can think of many prominent citizens and even diplomats that can use social media classes as well. Some of whom are well into their early 70s.

I don' suppose you have an example. On second thought, let's forget it. ;)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. I have a gripe against McD. When you draft two players who play the same position in the draft, you create a situation where one or the other, or both in this case, are second-guessed and pitted against one another constantly. It has not helped either Chriss or Bender to have been drafted in the draft an on the same team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. I have a gripe against McD. When you draft two players who play the same position in the draft, you create a situation where one or the other, or both in this case, are second-guessed and pitted against one another constantly. It has not helped either Chriss or Bender to have been drafted in the draft an on the same team.

This is true, it didn't help Bender or Chriss but the Suns doubled down on drafting two big men hoping one would be successful.

I don't view it as a bad strategy, unfortunately neither player has lived up to expectations thus far. If either player looked liked a potential star the Suns would be looking like a genius. The problem is it was a weak draft and the Suns seeming missed on the best players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson