Chriss???

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else been wondering what he is up to during Summer League? It was said he wasn't gonna play with the Summer League Suns cause he was going to stay his his training team in Cali, yet he's been at both Suns games. Are the Sums keeping him out cause of a pending trade? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can think of is a trade is brewing.

Let's hope the Suns trade the right player between Bender and Chriss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chriss simply isnt as bad as Bender.

He does not need summerleague, we already have a stacked roster fighting for touches.

He needs Summer League. If Jackson is playing then Chriss should be playing also. Jackson is farther along in his development than Chriss. Also with Kokoskov coaching the SL team, being there and participating would help him more than sitting in the stands and watching.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Chriss simply isnt as bad as Bender.

He does not need summerleague, we already have a stacked roster fighting for touches.
"Isn't as bad as" is not good enough. Where is it written that it has to be an either-or?

Both of them have "marginal" written all over them for various reasons.

I hope the Suns can figure it out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is it always positioned as a sort of competition between two players. Suns fans started that line of thinking with the Dragic or Bledsoe debate and repeated it with the Bender or Chriss debate. You can like both or dislike both. You don't need to choose one over the other. They don't need to be compared constantly. Yes, they came from the same draft class but that's it. Bender and Chriss can both end up being good players, or they can both be busts. Their future isn't linked together and neither of them is stopping the other from realizing their potential. They seem to be their own worst enemies, honestly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The summer league is really sloppy and does not lend itself to bigs. I think it could do more harm than good, and I think it did last year.

Chriss was not in shape last season. If the Suns are going to play Bender they need to play Chriss.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chriss was not in shape last season. If the Suns are going to play Bender they need to play Chriss.
I don't see why. They have different problems. Chriss plays out of control, the Summer league IS out of control. Bender's biggest knock is that he's too passive, summer league is a good place for him to figure out how to be assertive... sadly he's been a mess.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Guessing Chriss in on the block and isn't being played due to injury concerns. Bender is playing for a roster spot...aka playing himself out of a roster spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see why. They have different problems. Chriss plays out of control, the Summer league IS out of control. Bender's biggest knock is that he's too passive, summer league is a good place for him to figure out how to be assertive... sadly he's been a mess.

I think Chriss needs the playing time. Where better to learn to play under control.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Chriss needs the playing time. Where better to learn to play under control.

I don't see the chaotic environment allowing that to happen. The summer league is an ugly, exhibition mess.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Benders biggest knock is that he has no talent and shouldn’t be in the nba

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the chaotic environment allowing that to happen. The summer league is an ugly, exhibition mess.

No denying this. Still Jackson is playing with a mask.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Bye Chriss Bye Bender...Both are euro league caliber players...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Benders biggest knock is that he has no talent and shouldn’t be in the nba
For what it's worth, I've just watched the expression on Bender's face, whether on the floor or on the bench.

Whereas every other Suns player is showing emotion, I must say that Bender's impression, over and over, looks ..........puzzled!

If Robin Lopez's comic book mentality and outrageous reactions used to be one extreme, Bender is the opposite.

Neither is appropriate for the NBA.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No denying this. Still Jackson is playing with a mask.
Jackson is a year younger and not a big.

I just don't see what a 3rd year of summer league is going to do but reinforce bad habits. Bender's been a disaster... right now I wish he were not there either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson is a year younger and not a big.

I just don't see what a 3rd year of summer league is going to do but reinforce bad habits. Bender's been a disaster... right now I wish he were not there either.

Ask Bagley on that Jackson block. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cause he caught a Bagley elbow. He was keeping the cut protected

I was trying to point out that Jackson thought the game was important enough to reenter the game with a mask as contrasted to Chriss who was not playing.

This may have nothing to do with Chriss though. It was probably a coaching decision.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No rush to get rid of either player because their values are zero. We have to gamble with them more because dealing them gets us nadda.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson