Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see how that suggests he tested negative today. In light of the news that he is out for tomorrow's game I would have to assume he tested positive today.

It suggests it because he can not be day to day and possibly available without two negative tests in a row. Meaning tomorrow’s plus today’s.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear why didn’t they put everyone in a bubble again..
He pretty much was. I think the only thing he did was hug his mom after the game.

This is frustrating. Most vaccinated people would not even test and would not even show symptoms. Ah, crap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He pretty much was. I think the only thing he did was hug his mom after the game.

This is frustrating. Most vaccinated people would not even test and would not even show symptoms. Ah, crap.

if the Suns were ever going to win a title, there’s just NO WAY it was going to keep being a cakewalk. This will just add to the lore of beating LeBRon, Jokic The MVP and now... GOD, overcoming Covid to finally win this freaking thing!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You need 2 negative tests in order to get out of the protocol. So even if he tested negative today, he's still not out of it yet.
Yes, but if he tested negative today than there could still be hope for him to play tomorrow. Unless there is just no way to get it done in time for him to play in the game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It suggests it because he can not be day to day and possibly available without two negative tests in a row. Meaning tomorrow’s plus today’s.
Feel like you are just reading too far into his words. He is simply suggesting that it is a day to day thing where he could come out of it any day now. Saying he could come out of it tomorrow is saying it's possible he tested negative today, but isn't necessarily saying that he did indeed test negative.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but if he tested negative today than there could still be hope for him to play tomorrow. Unless there is just no way to get it done in time for him to play in the game.

I think the timing is an issue. Plus its not as quick as a negative test allowing him back. He also needs cardiology clearance, which is another exam. If tomorrow's game was later, and he tested negative today then it might have been possible he could fit everything in but not now that its such an early start.

We didn't know until late last night who we'd face or when, officially, so I can't blame the Suns for waiting until announcing Paul was out until as late as they possibly could.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope CP3 has been living in the Clippers locker room this week.
With or without him we have asses to take and names to kick.
Cam J, Cam Payne, Jevon (remember that little fireplug) Etwan?
Someone WILL step up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah... if they declared him out, I’m thinking he hasn’t tested negative yet. Which isn’t a surprise considering he’s still within only at most 5 days after testing positive (assuming he tested that way on Monday... but possibly Tuesday as the team had Monday off).

we have to get at least a split here because I don’t think he’ll be back until Game 3 at the earliest.

that Jazz choke is a killer. That series going 7 would have been huge for us.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we have no idea how CP3 was living outside of what we saw on camera.
He was quoted as saying. He said "Matty, all I do is go to games, practice, and come home."

That was in the previous vid I posted. Cheese, I am not making this stuff up and I am not just quoting other posters. I am quoting news media people who talked directly to him.

Three options. Matt Barnes is lying, Chris is lying, or it is true.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was quoted as saying. He said "Matty, all I do is go to games, practice, and come home."

That was in the previous vid I posted. Cheese, I am not making this stuff up and I am not just quoting other posters. I am quoting news media people who talked directly to him.

my bad. Didn’t see that.

it is truly ridiculous that he got Covid. So far in Phoenix, out of 3 million people vaccinated, there have only been 2000 reported breakthrough cases in the state.

That’s .06% of vaccinated people. That’s not a 6%. That’s .06%!!!!!

only the Suns.

Eff it... the teams who broke massive loser streaks always had to overcome crazy stuff. The Sox had to be the first team to EVER comeback from an 0-3 deficit to break the curse of the bambino, against their hate rival no less, the Yankees. The Cubs had to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the World Series AND blew a two run lead in Game 7 in the 9TH INNING giving up a home run to tie it before finally winning in extra innings.

we already had to overcome our most hated rival Lakers and now will have to overcome Covid and GOD HIMSELF. Couldn’t be a better tale to be told! Story continues tomorrow...

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my bad. Didn’t see that.

it is truly ridiculous that he got Covid. So far in Phoenix, out of 3 million people vaccinated, there have only been 2000 reported breakthrough cases in the state.

That’s .06% of vaccinated people. That’s not a 6%. That’s .06%!!!!!

only the Suns.

Eff it... the teams who broke massive loser streaks always had to overcome crazy stuff. The Sox had to be the first team to EVER comeback from an 0-3 deficit to break the curse of the bambino, against their hate rival no less, the Yankees. The Cubs had to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the World Series AND blew a two run lead in Game 7 in the 9TH INNING giving up a home run to tie it before finally winning in extra innings.

we already had to overcome our most hated rival Lakers and now will have to overcome Covid and GOD HIMSELF. Couldn’t be a better tale to be told! Story continues tomorrow...

.06%! Smh..

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So no reporter can ask Monty direct questions about Paul. No one can ask Paul any questions. No statements directly from Paul. Paul can't/won't release any statement about his health status via Twitter, Facebook, or anything....for a week now? Is he so sick he can't comment? Does NBA forbid him from commenting? Or does he not comment because there is something he doesn't want to be asked or divulge.

It's the middle of playoffs...he's off the grid for a week...virtually the only information we get is from third party sources...and we wait for some concrete answers and all we get is he won't play tomorrow...now bye bye. GIVE ME A BREAK! I doubt he will be back at all this series. They are going to string us along every game...like "next game maybe"...Either he is much sicker than they are letting on or he was never vaccinated to begin with. If I'm wrong then hey I'm glad to be wrong but again their lack details is leading to speculation. Sometimes you learn more by what they are not saying then what they are...and they aren't saying much!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

There is also a cardio test that goes along with it. The earliest he could get off is Monday so he was missing game 1 regardless.

Now we just hope he just misses game 1

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So no reporter can ask Monty direct questions about Paul. No one can ask Paul any questions. No statements directly from Paul. Paul can't/won't release any statement about his health status via Twitter, Facebook, or anything....for a week now? Is he so sick he can't comment? Does NBA forbid him from commenting? Or does he not comment because there is something he doesn't want to be asked or divulge.

It's the middle of playoffs...he's off the grid for a week...virtually the only information we get is from third party sources...and we wait for some concrete answers and all we get is he won't play tomorrow...now bye bye. GIVE ME A BREAK! I doubt he will be back at all this series. They are going to string us along every game...like "next game maybe"...Either he is much sicker than they are letting on or he was never vaccinated to begin with. If I'm wrong then hey I'm glad to be wrong but again their lack details is leading to speculation. Sometimes you learn more by what they are not saying then what they are...and they aren't saying much!

Hipaa law is tricky. You can't just divulge confidential medical records

Not to mention this a disease are still learning about. Best not say things until they are certain

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hipaa law is tricky. You can't just divulge confidential medical records

Not to mention this a disease are still learning about. Best not say things until they are certain

Coaches talk players health status all the time. Players talk about their own health all the time. Hipaa law doesn't pertain to Paul. He can talk about his health to anyone

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Coaches talk players health status all the time. Players talk about their own health all the time. Hipaa law doesn't pertain to Paul. He can talk about his health to anyone

He can but he chose not to. That is his choice. It could be he simply doesn't want to give false hope on something he doesn't know about.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He can but he chose not to. That is his choice. It could be he simply doesn't want to give false hope on something he doesn't know about.

I know he chose not to....thats obvious...glaringly obvious. I never said he has to do anything. And no one said he has to give false hope either...or make promises. But if he can't say how he's feeling and goes on radio silence then hey we can think what we want until we hear or see different

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know he chose not to....thats obvious...glaringly obvious. I never said he has to do anything. And no one said he has to give false hope either...or make promises. But if he can't say how he's feeling and goes on radio silence then hey we can think what we want until we hear or see different

It's not so simple for Paul. He's the NBPA president. Him speaking right now might put pressure on things he doesn't want to put pressure on. This might have something to do with his silence, it might not. But it's a consideration.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Name 1 player who has done interviews while out because of Covid protocols.

Going out and giving regular interviews serves no purpose other than to ease the mind of some fans (Suns fans) or make some happy (Clipper fans). The Suns know what's going on, why tell us?

He wasn't giving interviews when his shoulder was hurt, so why would he now? Its been reported by the team that he's out and there isn't a firm timetable of when he'll be back.

Paul is the president of the players union, he helped structure the protocols that teams and players have to abide by. If he starts talking about covid protocols publicly, what is gained from that? Nothing. However it could cause others not to get vaccinated because he was and look what happened. Why bother? So doing interviews could only hurt things going forward. There is no benefit for him or his team if he decided to start granting interviews right now.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Name 1 player who has done interviews while out because of Covid protocols.

Going out and giving regular interviews serves no purpose other than to ease the mind of some fans (Suns fans) or make some happy (Clipper fans). The Suns know what's going on, why tell us?

He wasn't giving interviews when his shoulder was hurt, so why would he now? Its been reported by the team that he's out and there isn't a firm timetable of when he'll be back.

Paul is the president of the players union, he helped structure the protocols that teams and players have to abide by. If he starts talking about covid protocols publicly, what is gained from that? Nothing. However it could cause others not to get vaccinated because he was and look what happened. Why bother? So doing interviews could only hurt things going forward. There is no benefit for him or his team if he decided to start granting interviews right now.

Never said he had to give an interview...just said he hasn't said anything. Maybe that's how he operates...all good. But covid is an unpredictable thing...it affects people differently. We have no idea on his actual status. He may not come back at all for all we know. Everyone is speculating. That's right as well when no timetable is set...No one in the Suns organization has said when he will come back. But im just as valid to say he won't be back this series as someone who says he will. Things have been very quiet...maybe that's standard as you suggest. But in almost every other health situation much much more is discussed. They can't even say if he has a fever...I guess covid is handled differently.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never said he had to give an interview...just said he hasn't said anything. Maybe that's how he operates...all good. But covid is an unpredictable thing...it affects people differently. We have no idea on his actual status. He may not come back at all for all we know. Everyone is speculating. That's right as well when no timetable is set...No one in the Suns organization has said when he will come back. But im just as valid to say he won't be back this series as someone who says he will. Things have been very quiet...maybe that's standard as you suggest. But in almost every other health situation much much more is discussed. They can't even say if he has a fever...I guess covid is handled differently.

They're not going to discuss symptoms, like if he has a fever, a cough, shortness of breath, whatever. Even asking that is a bit much, IMO.

Word has come out, he's working his way back and will return as soon as he's able, when that is is questionable though. We don't know. There are a lot of variables, like with every covid case. Its all assumptions but based on the things the Suns have said, its likely he's not going to miss this entire series. They haven't ruled him out and only ruled him out for game 1 as late as they could. Most players with covid miss about 10 days, however most werent vaccinated so its reasonable to assume Paul might not miss that long since he's been vaxxed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If one wants to look at the length of health and safety protocols for a Suns player who tested positive and seemed to do relatively well, I think Cam Johnson might be a reasonable example.

He missed six games over the span of 3-4-2021 through 3-19-2021.

I don't recall hearing or reading if Cam Johnson was vaccinated.

Johnson missed six games under NBA's health and safety protocols. He ironically made his return March 21 in the final of a five-game homestand against the Los Angeles Lakers, who was the last team he played against March 2 at STAPLES Center.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-happy-return-after-covid-19-bout/7012459002/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose