Chris Boussard: Dwight Howard Wants To Go To Nets

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while Howard waits to see what happens with the Lakers and CP3 drama, the Nets will sign Nene, and he'll stay on the market.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said the Nets are working on a package to get Dwight. Sounds like it will happen. So, with Howard probably going to the Nets and Paul being traded one way or another......what possible plan could the Suns have other than suck of the next decade?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They said the Nets are working on a package to get Dwight. Sounds like it will happen. So, with Howard probably going to the Nets and Paul being traded one way or another......what possible plan could the Suns have other than suck of the next decade?

What do you propose? Signing Hill and extending Nash to build around? That's not going to happen nor should it. The options are to ride Nash and Hill another year before they leave/retire or tank. The first option gets us mediocre basketball, no playoffs, and a pick in the 10-14 range. The second option nets us a top 4 pick guaranteed in a deep draft and opportunity for us to see what we have in players like Childress. With both options we can pursue free agents next year. I'd rather add a top 4 pick to the mix than a mid-round pick.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you propose? Signing Hill and extending Nash to build around? That's not going to happen nor should it. The options are to ride Nash and Hill another year before they leave/retire or tank. The first option gets us mediocre basketball, no playoffs, and a pick in the 10-14 range. The second option nets us a top 4 pick guaranteed in a deep draft and opportunity for us to see what we have in players like Childress. With both options we can pursue free agents next year. I'd rather add a top 4 pick to the mix than a mid-round pick.

Hell no. I want Hill and Nash to go chase rings. I would love to see it happen. I would love to have a solution for the Suns but I dont' think this franchise stands a chance under Sarver. I said it in another thread but the Suns have ZERO chance of landing another franchise player outside of trading or drafting one.

What I don't want to see the Suns do is what they have done in the past. Have all this FA money and spend it on second tier players to fill out the roster and cap space. That will never accomplish anything other than field another "entertaining" team.

The Suns are going to have to get their hands on another franchise player. Anything less is more of the same.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns were never going to get Howard or Paul. The Suns need to focus on getting younger talent and getting draft picks wherever possible. This season appears to be a transition season. I prefer if the Suns go after young talent on the rise in 2012 even if it is considered rebuilding.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As per Hoopshype, the Magic are planning to file tampering charges against two teams. Hopefully its the Nets and Lakers.

Anything bad that happens to the Lakers is good.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It is the Nets and the Rockets..

but rumor running right now is that the Magic have agreed to send Dwight to New Jersey for Brook Lopez and picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the Nets and the Rockets..

but rumor running right now is that the Magic have agreed to send Dwight to New Jersey for Brook Lopez and picks.

This would be sweet for the Nets with Deron there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
O My. RealGm is reporting that the Nets actually had a face-to-face secret recruiting meeting with Howard.

Heads must roll.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broussard:

Dwight Howard met with NJ owner Mikhail Prokhorov & GM Billy King Thurs night in Miami, sources say. Orlando was unaware if meeting

Meeting was violation of NBA tampering rules.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should receive about the same penalty Minnesota got for the Joe Smith thing.

You mean take away their first round draft picks? The ones they want to use to get D12?

Ok, that's brilliant.

(not sarcastic, either...it's freaking brilliant)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may have been a number of teams with their hands in the cookie jar. It might be interesting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should receive about the same penalty Minnesota got for the Joe Smith thing.

They will probably just make him buy the Hornets.

Reaction on Nets boards "This can't be true, they can't be that stupid."

Howard dumped his agent and now his dad is serving as his agent. Want to bet the source is the dumped agent?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Nets are incredibly stupid if they couldn't wait a matter of HOURS to talk directly to Dwight.

Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and Nene... that's a pretty solid big three.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Nets are incredibly stupid if they couldn't wait a matter of HOURS to talk directly to Dwight.

Not stupid. Worth it for Howard.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

??

Howard is not FA, they couldnt talk to him until next offseason.