Choose The Suns Next Head Coach?

Who would you like to see the Suns hire as head coach this summer?

• David Fizdale

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Jay Wright

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Monty Williams

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Mark Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Kidd

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Jay Triano

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Dan Majerle

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Mike Budenholzer

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's quite possible they added names as they went but Ryan said back in March that they'd throw a very wide net for possible candidates. And I'd be surprised if Igor wasn't included in the second round unless he declined interest during their preliminary phone interview. Although that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

We shall see. I have crossed fingers. :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Motivated by those of you who have now been expressing what a dunderhead Robert Sarver is, I researched all I could find about the Suns ownership group. They have been called Suns Legacy Partners, LLC from the start. And that is the group that Jerry (with his 16% ownership) sold to Sarver (and his 30% ownership).

The current group has ten investors, two of whom don't want to show their names. My research (which includes Sarver's other investments in Arizona and California) is attached.

That led me to send a letter to each of the seven other known investors (also attached), challenging them to use their 70% authority and remove Robert Sarver as Managing General Partner. I've already posted (a few times :) ) what I say in the letter.

There is nothing to lose to let investors read what fans feel. I feel like Don Quixote, the Man of La Mancha, putting on armor and dueling windmills. But it makes me feel a little better.

Go, Suns Legacy Partners, LLC.
UPDATE: For what it is worth, I emailed a copy of my letter(s) to the investors to Suns beat writer Scott Bordow, citing that he has something that fans don't -- access to the Suns Front Office and (thousands of) other fans.

Of course, I expect that chances of anything happening are 0.2%. But, as one the ASFN group posted (Jim Carrey's video), "So, I have a chance." :rolleyes:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: For what it is worth, I emailed a copy of my letter(s) to the investors to Suns beat writer Scott Bordow, citing that he has something that fans don't -- access to the Suns Front Office and (thousands of) other fans.

Of course, I expect that chances of anything happening are 0.2%. But, as one the ASFN group posted (Jim Carrey's video), "So, I have a chance." :rolleyes:

Scott Bordow is a great sports writer for the Suns at azcentral. He often takes question and answer session with the fans on twitter. Bordow takes his job seriously.

He is even writing Suns columns with the help of an associate while on vacation. That's dedication.

I'm sure he will do everything he can, within limitations, to be helpful.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the tweet from Gambo:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a good feeling about this. Igor would be an excellent hire with his experience of working as an assistant with a number of teams including presently the Jazz.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Isn't that how the process is supposed to work?
It seems a little odd. Maybe because they haven’t involved the suns I don’t pay close attention but do teams usually make public when they’ve eliminated a candidate from consideration? I think we hear of who is getting interviews and then an announcement of who is chosen. Have other teams been announcing publicly who are out of the running for their positions?

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Here is the tweet from Gambo:

Definitely more in line with what I have been saying the Suns need. A guy who can develop and implement a system. Honestly, I dont know a whole lot about him outside the Slovenian team's run, and that Snyder loves him. So I cant comment too much on his influences/system be will bring. I would assume it would be similar to Utah, with the ball movement, versatility, spacing, players development.

Seeing the guys remaining on the list, hes makes the most sense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely more in line with what I have been saying the Suns need. A guy who can develop and implement a system. Honestly, I dont know a whole lot about him outside the Slovenian team's run, and that Snyder loves him. So I cant comment too much on his influences/system be will bring. I would assume it would be similar to Utah, with the ball movement, versatility, spacing, players development.

Seeing the guys remaining on the list, hes makes the most sense.

I'm in agreement with you. Kokoskov would be a nice hire. He would do a good job of working with the young players. I've always admired the way Utah passes the ball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Igor's my first choice but there are a couple of unheralded assistants that I find interesting too ( Jay Larranaga for example).

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing new but it's not something I wanted to hear.
From the famous Devon Haripal? Who? I'm going to take that with a grain of salt from nobody I've ever heard of and who has very few followers. He's basically reguritating Barkley.

I prefer the narrative from the local beat writers who have been saying Sarver has been learning to be more hands off and let people do their jobs. We can only hope. Otherwise, we're screwed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the famous Devon Haripal? Who? I'm going to take that with a grain of salt from nobody I've ever heard of and who has very few followers. He's basically reguritating Barkley.

I prefer the narrative from the local beat writers who have been saying Sarver has been learning to be more hands off and let people do their jobs. We can only hope. Otherwise, we're screwed.

Let's hope the local beat writers are right.

It's easy for outside writers to use stereotypes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Local beat writers are always going to be biased in favor of the team because they don’t want to lose access by bashing the team or the owner.

National media reporters are more credible imo because of them being more unbiased.

This particular guy may not be all that reputable but can you say it’s more likely than not that he’s wrong? I sure can’t based on what I know about Robert Sarver who is the 4 time champion of the annual worst owner in the NBA poll.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He doesn’t say “I think” he says “according to league sources”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local beat writers are always going to be biased in favor of the team because they don’t want to lose access by bashing the team or the owner.

National media reporters are more credible imo because of them being more unbiased.

This particular guy may not be all that reputable but can you say it’s more likely than not that he’s wrong? I sure can’t based on what I know about Robert Sarver who is the 4 time champion of the annual worst owner in the NBA poll.

Was there really a poll like that?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Learning ----- to be more hands off and let people do their jobs???

If that is supposed to be reassuring, it isn't.

Learning isn't the same as doing.

Being "more hands off" isn't the same as being "hands off".

Fourteen years and he is "learning" to be less worse.

How can any Suns fan or sports reporter be satisfied with that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard