Choose one ex rb we had too start over as rookie who!!

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
If I could choose one rb we had too be a rookie all over again who would it be..I think the off line we have now(ok maybe in the playoffs)I would choose garrison hearst.I think he would be a stud with fitz warner boldin.He would have lots of fun on this team..and maybe Thomas Jones without the attitude.Or name a player back in time that we could make a rookie on this team..:D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Leeland McElroy, that dude friggen owes me $76.00 for the jersey I bought!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leeland McElroy, that dude friggen owes me $76.00 for the jersey I bought!

So your saying you wanna compound the problem by bringing him back... What? Do you work for AIG or something?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas Jones

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Terry Metcalf.

Metcalf was a VERY special talent. People who never saw him play have no idea how good he was. In todays NFL he could never play at RB, because he only weighed about 175 and that (injuries) and drugs lead to his demise. Terry was also a big time fumbler, but had moves similar to Barry Sanders with more speed.
Juice would be my choice. I will never forget that first game he had against Dallas at Busch Stadium when he ran for 193 and ripped them for a 76 yarder, unheard of from back in that time at 225 lbs. Injuries and losing teams spelled the end until he won the Super Bowl MVP in NY. OJ was a BEAST in the mold of Jim Brown.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not Jones....he had no desire to play here.

The only premier RB that ever wanted to play for us was Shaun Alexander. He was pissed when we passed him up in the 2000 draft.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I would like a bacfield of Otis Anderson, Stump Mitchell, and Hightower.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not Jones....he had no desire to play here.

The only premier RB that ever wanted to play for us was Shaun Alexander. He was pissed when we passed him up in the 2000 draft.

Point one: Was Jones' anger unjustified? I remember him saying in an ESPN article that the Cardinal medical staff misdiagnosed a rip injury as asthma.
Admittedly, I'd be upset too.

Point two: Shaun Alexander would have had the same success Thomas Jones did in that time period. Bad offensive line play stifles everyone but Barry Sanders.

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
I wish Thomas Jones had a desire too play here..I think he would of been awesome..How about a def player I would love too see would be Eric Swann with no medical problems.He would be a beast in or system..

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ottis Jerome "O.J." Anderson

Second. I didn't even get to the end of the question before that name came into my head.

Imagine having Ottis Anderson in a Whiz offense?

OMG, we would score 50 points a game.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Second. I didn't even get to the end of the question before that name came into my head.

Imagine having Ottis Anderson in a Whiz offense?

OMG, we would score 50 points a game.

if we just had drafted AD. Had to do it, Rugby.