Chicago trip advice needed

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Depending on how long you’re staying, they also have a European-style Christmas Market at Daley Plaza. Best viewed at night. Good family fun.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was everyone’s reason for going to Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a vacation destination to me. My wife had a work thing so I decided to go along…. had a great time. Why did you all go?

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?
Passing through on the way to another destination?

Just seems odd that a bunch of Cardinals fans have all visited there. There can’t be any Chicago Cardinals fans on this board…

Mulli!

Went to Soldier field during our SB run and we stomped the Bears.

Also, I personally think that Chicago is the best food city in America.

When talking about food before, I forgot to even mention Garrett's popcorn. I can't wait to go back and eat all of the delicious food.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seems odd that a bunch of Cardinals fans have all visited there. There can’t be any Chicago Cardinals fans on this board…

I just met up with a couple friends there. We rented a car and drove to Kohler, Wisc to play golf at Whistling Straits. Downtown Milwaukee was pretty nice also. Pretty much what I expected, breaded pork chop, macaroni and cheese, plenty of ranch dressing, peach cobbler ... lol
We went in October, sweater weather, beautiful.

I just go to Grimaldi's when I'm in Phx. I go to one near Grayhawk because it's close to where I stay. I'm a thin crust guy.. pepperoni and ground red chili does it for me. If somebody knows of a better pizza joint near Kierland, I'll give it a try at Christmas when I'm there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was everyone’s reason for going to Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a vacation destination to me. My wife had a work thing so I decided to go along…. had a great time. Why did you all go?

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?

Chicago is an awesome place to vaca in the spring and summer

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I just met up with a couple friends there. We rented a car and drove to Kohler, Wisc to play golf at Whistling Straits. Downtown Milwaukee was pretty nice also. Pretty much what I expected, breaded pork chop, macaroni and cheese, plenty of ranch dressing, peach cobbler ... lol
We went in October, sweater weather, beautiful.

I just go to Grimaldi's when I'm in Phx. I go to one near Grayhawk because it's close to where I stay. I'm a thin crust guy.. pepperoni and ground red chili does it for me. If somebody knows of a better pizza joint near Kierland, I'll give it a try at Christmas when I'm there.

Thanks for coming to see me....BRO!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?

Family and friends. Cheese and my parents are from Chicago and we lived there from 2-5 years old (pre-Cheese).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mulli!

Went to Soldier field during our SB run and we stomped the Bears.

Also, I personally think that Chicago is the best food city in America.

When talking about food before, I forgot to even mention Garrett's popcorn. I can't wait to go back and eat all of the delicious food.
They definitely think so. I remember our cousin bragging to us about a Mexican restaurant. WE LIVED IN FREAKING PHOENIX AND SOCAL!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They definitely think so. I remember our cousin bragging to us about a Mexican restaurant. WE LIVED IN FREAKING PHOENIX AND SOCAL!

I'm sorry my man, but New Mexico chili is where it's at. Phoenix and SoCal have no clue what Mexican food is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sorry my man, but New Mexico chili is where it's at. Phoenix and SoCal have no clue what Mexican food is.
That may be, but he was trumpeting Chicago Mexican food. Cmon now.

And from almost everything I’ve ever heard from Mexicans, New Mexican cuisine is substantially different from authentic Mexican food. And I love em both.

Reaction score

I would say all Mexican food is awesome but the Sonoran food seems blander/not as spicy than other areas. I definitely love New Mexico's hatch green chiles. Can't go wrong with anything made with those chiles.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say all Mexican food is awesome but the Sonoran food seems blander/not as spicy than other areas. I definitely love New Mexico's hatch green chiles. Can't go wrong with anything made with those chiles.
Lived in NM for a year, chiles available as an add on everywhere...Subway, McD's, etc. You can add them to your coffee if desired. Yummy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?

Yes there can..

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grew up in Chicago and it was my dad infected me with Big Red fever in 1960. I remember going to the Armed Forces game at Soldier’s Field (Bears played at Wrigley) and number 3 Billy Gambrell became my first Cardinal hero.
Sounds like my life story.