Chernobyl (HBO)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those of you who have yet to unsubscribd to HBO after GoT, check out Chernobyl.

It's a 5 part series and is the highest rated ever on IMDb. The 4th episode is set to air Monday. It's really solid and surprisingly thrilling considering it's a well known historical event. It provides a shocking look into Soviet ineptitude, their totalitarian government in action, and the extreme sacrifice of its citizens.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is fantastic! I'm learning things about it that flabbergast me. I thought it was a giant "Oh crap, we have to do everything possible" from the get-go. Yeah, about that...lol And the maxed-out meters. Just WOW!

Unfortunately, I only have until the end of the month, so I won't get to see it all. But getting another episode tonight is awesome.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is fantastic! I'm learning things about it that flabbergast me. I thought it was a giant "Oh crap, we have to do everything possible" from the get-go. Yeah, about that...lol And the maxed-out meters. Just WOW!

Unfortunately, I only have until the end of the month, so I won't get to see it all. But getting another episode tonight is awesome.

One more month at $15 gets you Deadwood too!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son LOVED this. I have not watched it yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan to watch it because of this thread. I do not watch a lot of stuff but once I do, I'm going to put this on outside of my weekly viewing of FEAR that will start next week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show is immaculately produced. it's a slow-moving horror movie. incredible work by everyone involved so far.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing that throws me off a tiny bit is the British accents. One thing I like about The Americans was the Russian speaking with subtitles and accents when they spoke English.

A whole movie in Russian with subtitles would have been a tough watch for a lot of people, but actors speaking English with a Russian accent would have been on point.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last episode... Wow. What a powerful show.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok this was truly fantastic while being quite silly at the same time....

Almost EVERYONE had British accents instead of Russian or eastern block... The entire series was done in English with no subtitles yet when they gave the announcements blaring from the vehicles ordering for evacuation they did them in Russian??? I mean really??? Then in court all the signs he used as props while presenting his case in British accented English were you guessed it in RUSSIAN.... Pretty lame if you ask me... but otherwise frighteningly amazing!!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The dog stuff....... I still cant watch the dog stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson