Check out nfldraftcountdowns 2009 mock!!

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Juice Williams QB Illinois should be a first rd. pick.

I look for Philly to go WR in the 1st rd.
Az will more than likely trade up. IMO

OP
OP
Twist18

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
We need a speedy RB EARLY next year.

I was also thinking that James Davis might be an option as well.

Hey black, you goin to any Illini games this year? The 6 year old and I are going to see ULL-UI at the 50 yard line. He is so stoked! Along with his first Rams-Cards game!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why ? Because he doesn't play for OSU?
no, because he's not that good. Troy Smith won the Heisman and i knew he had no chance of going in round 1. I think Vince Young's struggles are showing that ability to throw the ball is a must and being a great athlete isn't enough at the NFL level. Juice Williams ,hard as it is to believe, poses much less a passing threat than Young.

OP
OP
Twist18

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
No because he has yet to prove himself a capable passer.

I am really amped to see Juice throw this year as he has some major weapons as Benn, Cumberland, Willis, Jenkins, Cordale Scott. It goes on and on. Benn was hurt alot last year and Juice's first year, his receivers were horrible.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am surprised that they are expecting the Cardinals to make the playoffs.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was also thinking that James Davis might be an option as well.

Hey black, you goin to any Illini games this year? The 6 year old and I are going to see ULL-UI at the 50 yard line. He is so stoked! Along with his first Rams-Cards game!
No Ill. game this year. I will be in st. louie though. Of you want, pm me your #.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
no, because he's not that good. Troy Smith won the Heisman and i knew he had no chance of going in round 1. I think Vince Young's struggles are showing that ability to throw the ball is a must and being a great athlete isn't enough at the NFL level. Juice Williams ,hard as it is to believe, poses much less a passing threat than Young.
Since Williams has been handed the ball, we win. You'll see. I think OSU is way overrated.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Since Williams has been handed the ball, we win. You'll see. I think OSU is way overrated.
everybody does but this is probably their best team since Tressel has taken over. People are basing it on last year's LSU game when,in fact, OSU really had no business being there(neither did LSU for that matter). If you remember, there were a ton of upsets at the end of the season that allowed OSU and LSU to wind up in the BCS game. I thought OSU would play well once they were there but they got handled. This year,though, they are absolutely loaded. They have 5 guys that will probably be 1st round draft picks next year in Wells, Laurinitis, Jenkins, Boone,and Freeman. If Anderson Russel comes out,it could be 6. Boeckamn and Robiskie, if they have monster years, could be in the mix as well.Then you have future 1st rounders in underclassmen Cameron Heyward,Thad Gibson,and Lawrence Wilson. Throw Terelle Pryor, who has reportedly been lighting it up in practice, into the mix and this team is as loaded as a college team can be. I think they beat USC,but it can go either way, and they have really only have 1 potential stumbling block,at Wisconsin, so as much as people hate it, get ready for OSU in the Nat'l championship game again.

You'll probably notice i skipped Illinois as a potential loss. I just think,after last years loss, that OSU will be as ready as they can be for that game. I think Illinois will be very good,and OSU seems to struggle in Champaign, but they are still probably a year away from stepping up into the uipper class.

OP
OP
Twist18

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
everybody does but this is probably their best team since Tressel has taken over. People are basing it on last year's LSU game when,in fact, OSU really had no business being there(neither did LSU for that matter). If you remember, there were a ton of upsets at the end of the season that allowed OSU and LSU to wind up in the BCS game. I thought OSU would play well once they were there but they got handled. This year,though, they are absolutely loaded. They have 5 guys that will probably be 1st round draft picks next year in Wells, Laurinitis, Jenkins, Boone,and Freeman. If Anderson Russel comes out,it could be 6. Boeckamn and Robiskie, if they have monster years, could be in the mix as well.Then you have future 1st rounders in underclassmen Cameron Heyward,Thad Gibson,and Lawrence Wilson. Throw Terelle Pryor, who has reportedly been lighting it up in practice, into the mix and this team is as loaded as a college team can be. I think they beat USC,but it can go either way, and they have really only have 1 potential stumbling block,at Wisconsin, so as much as people hate it, get ready for OSU in the Nat'l championship game again.

You'll probably notice i skipped Illinois as a potential loss. I just think,after last years loss, that OSU will be as ready as they can be for that game. I think Illinois will be very good,and OSU seems to struggle in Champaign, but they are still probably a year away from stepping up into the uipper class.

I smell an avatar wager for the OSU-UI coming on! ;)

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I smell an avatar wager for the OSU-UI coming on! ;)
i've already got one with CardsfanMD about Syracuse/OSU basketball that i'll win. So it looks like there will be alot of OSU representation floating around here the next year or so. I would also make a bet on Syracuse football :biglaugh:, but i think they may beat Northeastern this year :D.

OP
OP
Twist18

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
i've already got one with CardsfanMD about Syracuse/OSU basketball that i'll win. So it looks like there will be alot of OSU representation floating around here the next year or so. I would also make a bet on Syracuse football :biglaugh:, but i think they may beat Northeastern this year :D.

:lmao:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
everybody does but this is probably their best team since Tressel has taken over. People are basing it on last year's LSU game when,in fact, OSU really had no business being there(neither did LSU for that matter).

Actually people are basing it on the fact that the BCS loves the Weak 10. Every year - deserving or not -OSU or Michigan is top 5. It is getting as bad as Notre Dame.

Now having said that, I think OSU will be very good this year and deserves a top 5-10 ranking. I just hate that there only real test is early on, so if they lose (or even if USC loses) they may drop 4-5 spots at the most and considering the weak schedule they play for the remainder of the year, they will probably be back in the NC hunt by early October.

Setting up a probable matchup with a speedy SEC team (or hopefully WVU :) ) that will run circles around them again.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're going down sister!!!!!!!!!!!

While I wait for college basketball to start again, I guess I will have to take some solice in the national championship we just won AGAIN in lacrosse.:D

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Actually people are basing it on the fact that the BCS loves the Weak 10. Every year - deserving or not -OSU or Michigan is top 5. It is getting as bad as Notre Dame.

Now having said that, I think OSU will be very good this year and deserves a top 5-10 ranking. I just hate that there only real test is early on, so if they lose (or even if USC loses) they may drop 4-5 spots at the most and considering the weak schedule they play for the remainder of the year, they will probably be back in the NC hunt by early October.

Setting up a probable matchup with a speedy SEC team (or hopefully WVU :) ) that will run circles around them again.
The Big 10 has been pretty weak lately and,with Michigan re-building, they'll be down again this year. WVU shut me up in last year's bowl game. I don't know what they'll have on defense but they probably won't need much as they'll put up 40+ a game.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
The Big 10 has been pretty weak lately and,with Michigan re-building, they'll be down again this year. WVU shut me up in last year's bowl game. I don't know what they'll have on defense but they probably won't need much as they'll put up 40+ a game.

Even as big a homer as I am, I am on the wait-and-see attitutde with WVU this year. I think White and Devine will be fantastic, but they are implementing new wrinkles in the offense, have a whole set of new coaches, and will have White throwing a lot more.

Not to mention tough schedule this year with games @ Colorado and Auburn at home, to go along with conference games @ Pitt (who i think is overated but the pundits are jumping on that bandwagon) and USF.

If they can go 10-2 and sneak into the BCS, considering all the changes, I would consider it a succseful season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson