Chargers | Will interview Steve Keim for GM position

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
The Chargers will reportedly interview Cardinals VP of player personnel Steve Keim for their vacant GM position this week.

Shame on the Cardinals if they let Keim get away. A former on-the-road scout, Keim is viewed as a big personality with an impressive resume as a talent evaluator. Current director of player personnel in San Diego, Jimmy Raye III, is also viewed as a top candidate for the Chargers GM job. The Bolts were denied permission to interview Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell for the position -- reportedly at Russell's own request.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/570/chargers-defense

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let him go. I really don't care.

I'm on the fence on him in the first place. He was part of the suck.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I like the idea of promoting Tom Gable.....anyone from the Niners these days.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I like the idea of promoting Tom Gable.....anyone from the Niners these days.

That would be a coup, imo. Gable is very good.

Wonder what his thoughts would be about adding QB Alex Smith and outbidding the 49ers on S Dashon Goldson.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Just for the fact that he is a major player in our division, that would be huge IMO.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
The Jets and Chargers have reportedly asked for permission to interview Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell for their GM vacancies.

Caldwell and 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gable are now competing for jobs in Jacksonville and New York. According to the New York Post, assistant GM Scott Cohen is an in-house candidate for the Jets as well. The Chargers' GM list now includes Caldwell, in-house candidate Jimmy Raye III, and Cardinals VP of player personnel Steve Keim.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/873/jets-offense

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the Chargers will save the Cards from themselves again. Like they did with Whitehurst.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Funny, other NFL franchises who will actually put their money where their mouth is think highly of the guy, while us experts here on the Internet think he is mediocre based on our well established expertise at .............?

On watching players, I get how people could have strong opinions. But how in the world could anybody not in the NFL evaluate a person who was the third in command in player personnel?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson