Change of subject: Madden2003 was overrated

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I play it on the game cube.

I had to invent players to win. I watch the team too much with no control. If I am in control my 2, 300lb de's and 6'4 222 lb qb that can run kick ass.

Plus my 6'4 220 wrs. Even Jake can hit that guy on the game.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Best pass defense in Madden.

I can't remember the play, but it's out of the dime package and it's a stunt. The graphic description is simply the dime with the Dts slanting outwards. Anyway, there are two things you can do. First, set the dbs to go into press coverage and drop the middle linebacker to the same plane as the safeties. Move over as far to the left as you can go while still being visable. You end up doubleteaming the best receiver and confusing the computer... sack probability is high. Second, set up dbs in press coverage and simple play as an end who is stunting. Once again, sack probability is very high. Funny stuff I assure you. Thomas Burke with 50 sacks in a season will make your gut burst.

Let's not even bring up Vice City. I have some great tips for that game.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DEFENSE in MADDEN 2003

You wanna get pressure on the QB in Madden 2003? I have a LB that gets consistently 15-35 sacks a season. The way to do it is to always move around your guys before the snap, blitz constantly, and have FAST agile LBs and DEs. If you can get 1 fast AND agile DE, 1 fast LB (usually the ROLB in '03) and a powerful bull-rush DT, you can get pressure. The secret is using your FAST DE and Bull-rush DT to confuse the offensive guard and get him out of position, then get that fast LB into the gaping hole left by the guard. He should be unabated to the QB at least half the time. There's a few 4-3 plays that do this if you shift your DL to one side and blitz the ROLB up the middle. Oh yeah, that's the most effective way I've found to rush the QB. Confuse the guard and blitz you LBs up the middle.

For coverage sacks rushing just DLs, and for great defense use the "Cover 2" defenses in the 4-3 and the nickel defense. Those work like magic and if your safeties have good hands and jumping ability, they'll both start in the Pro Bowl because of the INTs and deflections they get. Use your man-to-man audibles to cover the slot guys as well and mix up the bump-and-run with soft corner coverages. Mind you, it does NOT work like Cover 2 in real life, it's more like deep, central zones, but it's very effective.

That's also kinda a point, Madden 2003 isn't incredibly realistic. Neither was FBpro back in the day, but it was still BADASSED. The games worked differently than real life football. To be successful, you gotta learn the MADDEN way to defend passes and rush the passer, not the real life ways. It's fun as hell, though :)

Also, the WORST sexual innuendo in the game...

"Yeah, just stick your hand in there and WAP it down!"
- John Madden describing a pass deflection. Classic :)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: DEFENSE in MADDEN 2003

Originally posted by vince56
You wanna get pressure on the QB in Madden 2003? I have a LB that gets consistently 15-35 sacks a season in PRO and ALLPRO. The way to do it is to always move around your guys before the snap, blitz constantly, and have FAST agile LBs and DEs. If you can get 1 fast AND agile DE, 1 fast LB (usually the ROLB in '03) and a powerful bull-rush DT, you can get pressure. The secret is using your FAST DE and Bull-rush DT to confuse the offensive guard and get him out of position, then get that fast LB into the gaping hole left by the guard. He should be unabated to the QB at least half the time. There's a few 4-3 plays that do this if you shift your DL to one side and blitz the ROLB up the middle. Oh yeah, that's the most effective way I've found to rush the QB. Confuse the guard and blitz you LBs up the middle.

For coverage sacks rushing just DLs, and for great defense use the "Cover 2" defenses in the 4-3 and the nickel defense. Those work like magic and if your safeties have good hands and jumping ability, they'll both start in the Pro Bowl because of the INTs and deflections they get. Use your man-to-man audibles to cover the slot guys as well and mix up the bump-and-run with soft corner coverages. Mind you, it does NOT work like Cover 2 in real life, it's more like deep, central zones, but it's very effective.

That's also kinda a point, Madden 2003 isn't incredibly realistic. Neither was FBpro back in the day, but it was still BADASSED. The games worked differently than real life football. To be successful, you gotta learn the MADDEN way to defend passes and rush the passer, not the real life ways. It's fun as hell, though :)

Also, the WORST sexual innuendo in the game...

"Yeah, just stick your hand in there and WAP it down!"
- John Madden describing a pass deflection. Classic :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: DEFENSE in MADDEN 2003

Originally posted by vince56
You wanna get pressure on the QB in Madden 2003? I have a LB that gets consistently 15-35 sacks a season. The way to do it is to always move around your guys before the snap, blitz constantly, and have FAST agile LBs and DEs. If you can get 1 fast AND agile DE, 1 fast LB (usually the ROLB in '03) and a powerful bull-rush DT, you can get pressure. The secret is using your FAST DE and Bull-rush DT to confuse the offensive guard and get him out of position, then get that fast LB into the gaping hole left by the guard. He should be unabated to the QB at least half the time. There's a few 4-3 plays that do this if you shift your DL to one side and blitz the ROLB up the middle. Oh yeah, that's the most effective way I've found to rush the QB. Confuse the guard and blitz you LBs up the middle.

Play the game there much Vince :D

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: DEFENSE in MADDEN 2003

Originally posted by Ryanwb

It is a workout for his guitar career.

:eek:

Just kidding.

:thumbup:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Re: DEFENSE in MADDEN 2003

Originally posted by Ryanwb

Oh my god, when I got to work this morning and saw this on the board, I about pissed my pants I was laughing so hard. I can't reply on my work computer, but I usually keep a window open all day for ASFN.That was good, Ryan, damn good :)

Yeah, I'm maybe a bit TOO much into video games these days, good thing is I guess I'm only addicted to two of them. I honestly play Madden at least a half hour to hour each night after work... it's kinda my cool down, and a good stress reliever to beat the crap out of a team I hate :) I used to be big into FBpro as well, now that was a great game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wendell Bryant is a monster on 2003

I recently redid the Cardinals to have every player on the team before the draft by using the fantasy draft...

Then simulated the year and drafted (Emmitt retired dammit)

5 games into the season and Wendell Bryant has 8 sacks from the DT. He leads it.

I play Vanden-Bosch and I have 5 sacks with him. I have become an expert at tossing the OT out of the way.

P.S. I play on All-Pro but I am probably going to go to All-Madden because All-Pro is too easy. I usually win by at least 30 points playing 5 minute quarters.

P.S.S. Kasper is like 78 rated now. He rules.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I got David Barrett rated to an 85 from like a 52 in one season. He is an INT machine when I play the game, but sucks if I sim it.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I won super bowls with a bunch of drafted players. I got a franchise qb who is rated 99 now. Only problem is he always gets injured right before the playoffs. Good thing my backup is another guy I drafted, and he's rated in the high 80's. My defense usually sucks. I get no pressure on qb's at all.

adam

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard