Championship rings

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very nice lets get back to the playoffs and make them super rings this time :).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even realize players got rings unless they were SB rings.

I wouldn't want anything less than a SB ring if I was an NFL player.

Celebrating winning the NFC Championship with a ring is like an NBA team hanging Conference Championship banners to make up for never having won it all.

Hang a banner when you win it all...get a ring when you win it all.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Yeah, that!! They got the Halas Trophy for winning the NFC, that should be sufficient unless they win the Superbowl!!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM, what is Tetris? Sounds like a virus...

Addictive puzzle game consisting of placing dropping pieces of varying shapes in such a way as to complete lines and clear levels. Huge in the 80's. :D

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Wow, that is awesome. Not just the ring but seeing that really makes it all very very real. The Arizona Cardinals, an orginization that has been one of the premier laughing stocks in all of sports really has a piece of jewelry to their name. Seeing that ring, even though its not the best we could have won, just makes last season seem the all surreal.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That is a sharp looking ring. I don't like the look of the overly gaudy rings, but I think that looks really good. It does suck it's a second place ring for sure.

freebyrd

Reaction score
second place? who cares i would argue that your better than 30 other teams that went nowhere near the big dance
congrats guys wear them with pride
freebyrd

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I bet almost all the players put them in a drawer somewhere and never wear them. I would think it would be hard for one of those competitors to wear a ring that basically says "runner up".

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I bet almost all the players put them in a drawer somewhere and never wear them. I would think it would be hard for one of those competitors to wear a ring that basically says "runner up".

Thats why I'm going to get someone on the team to give me his. I've been a loyal fan who has traveled all over this country following my beloved team since the '70"s. :DLOL

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Who figures in the design of the rings? That ring is pretty classy as far as I think!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Us Cardinal fans are getting spoiled.

NFC Champions for our franchise is nothing to scoff at. I would wear it with pride and as a added reminder to get the real deal.

As a fan I am elated. Hopefully this is the first step of something special.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So, by that logic an olympic silver or bronze medalist has nothing to be proud of? Really?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Us Cardinal fans are getting spoiled.

NFC Champions for our franchise is nothing to scoff at. I would wear it with pride and as a added reminder to get the real deal.

As a fan I am elated. Hopefully this is the first step of something special.
I agree.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, by that logic an olympic silver or bronze medalist has nothing to be proud of? Really?

The Olympics are different. The best three finishes get medals whether it is a team or individual sport. If you get any medal at all it says you are among the best in the entire world.

In the NFL the goal is to be on top. To win it all and get a Super Bowl ring. This is the first time many of us have heard about rings just for winning the conference.

Do Steelers' players get two rings? One for winning their conference and one for winning the Super Bowl? :shrug:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think this ring looks a lot better than the monstrosity that the Steelers got. Theirs means more of course but it looks terrible.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Olympics are different. The best three finishes get medals whether it is a team or individual sport. If you get any medal at all it says you are among the best in the entire world.

In the NFL the goal is to be on top. To win it all and get a Super Bowl ring. This is the first time many of us have heard about rings just for winning the conference.

Do Steelers' players get two rings? One for winning their conference and one for winning the Super Bowl? :shrug:
So the Cardinals are giving their players something they don't have to? Wow.

Are they docking their paychecks for the cost of the rings?

You must be registered for see images