SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drew is closer to 6'1" but still Bryce is not cracking 6'0"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I just did a brief overview of the top prospects and counted 48 that I think could be solid starters for us and instantly make our team better. I do not mean in 3 yrs, I mean pretty much right away for the most part. This 48 wasn´t just positions of greatest need, but rather simply the very best players that are already appear to be NFL starter material.

I don´t mean there aren´t a lot more decent players in the draft, just none I feel strong enough about to say they could win a starting job year 1.

If there is anything to what I said, I figured if we use our late 3rd and/or early 4th to combine with our 66th pick, we could get 3 new and improved starters out of this draft. And that is without trading back in the R1. IF we traded back in R1 we should be able to come away with 4 new ready to play right out of the box type players. Obviously, thatś if we draft wisely and much better than we have in the recent past.

We would still have all our R5-R7 picks to fish with or use as bait to move around the draft.
I haven’t counted but incredibly this number might be low. I think if they give up no picks this year, there could be 3 starter from the top 67 picks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@kerouac9 @Chopper0080 @GatorAZ
Very curious what Bryce measures at the combine.

Also at :33 is so very Kyler lol

First time I've seen the video. When the stills came out on Twitter people were saying Young was on lower ground or stood further back but seeing this it doesn't look like it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Young's eyes are level with Brees mouth. Looks 5' 10" max.
Only saving grace would be if he's just one of those guys who has really poor posture. He does have longer arms that Kyler so that should help him.
And he's thinner than Kyler.

It's funny that people are fooled by Young's listed height. Dude is smaller than I am.
McShay said he's heard he's working really hard to get up to 210. Not sure he's going to make that in time for the combine. I'd be curious what his speed is at that weight although he'd probably not run. Either way need him to go top 2. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young could measure at 5'4" and he would go in the top two.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Young looks pretty darn good to me but it's leaning in the direction of Carter or Anderson. They're good picks as long as there aren't a lot of concerns when they get paid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Young looks pretty darn good to me but it's leaning in the direction of Carter or Anderson. They're good picks as long as there aren't a lot of concerns when they get paid.
Young shouldn't even be in consideration for the Cardinals unless they did a complete tear down and traded away all decent players and started a new.

It's either Anderson, Carter, or a trade down for a massive haul.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only saving grace would be if he's just one of those guys who has really poor posture. He does have longer arms that Kyler so that should help him.

McShay said he's heard he's working really hard to get up to 210. Not sure he's going to make that in time for the combine. I'd be curious what his speed is at that weight although he'd probably not run. Either way need him to go top 2. :)
210 is a long way to go for him.

It takes a long time for even finally tuned athletes to gain 20+ pounds without the use of PEDs.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Young shouldn't even be in consideration for the Cardinals unless they did a complete tear down and traded away all decent players and started a new.

It's either Anderson, Carter, or a trade down for a massive haul.
And agreed; if SP is the new HC then the first will be there and chosen at #3. DL and pass rushers are too hard to get in their, the Cards FO minds.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In an article posted on ESPN, Todd McShay just identified Jake Haener, QB Fresno as the most intriguing prospect in the upcoming Senior Bowl. You may recall I championed him a month ago as the late round QB worth watching. McShay think he might go round 2. Seems more likely to me to go round 3. I don’t see him as the next Tom Brady, but he could be a solid number 2 for many years.