CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can't see 4 QBs going top 5.
It would be abnormal but those teams are all pretty desperate at this point. Especially when the quality of this class is pretty high. Is Carolina really going to continue their suffering? Detroit might if they retain Campbell. Houston sticking with Davis Mills? Seattle has the best QB but Geno is a FA. Obviously a lot can change between now and the draft but it looks like a lot of teams desperate for a young QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be abnormal but those teams are all pretty desperate at this point. Especially when the quality of this class is pretty high. Is Carolina really going to continue their suffering? Detroit might if they retain Campbell. Houston sticking with Davis Mills? Seattle has the best QB but Geno is a FA. Obviously a lot can change between now and the draft but it looks like a lot of teams desperate for a young QB.

I think the Seahawks stick with Geno unless Carroll retires.

He's 71 now. How much time does he have left? I can't see him wanting to go through the pain and hassle of bringing on a rookie QB for somebody else to benefit from.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Carolina has to take a QB….They’ve passed on taking one the last 2 drafts. Detroit is in a weird spot. Goff isn’t bad but I think he is what he is at this point. With the Rams being so bad, they may have 2 picks in the top 10-15.

Houston is taking Bryce Young. Mills isn’t the answer. I watched Will Levis as I’m a Tennessee alum and went to UT/UK. Not impressed at all. Just because he’s big and strong doesn’t make him Josh Allen lol. Stroud also worries me.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my wayyyyy too early hawt take on the NFL Draft for the Cardinals:

draft is deep in two areas of need for the Cards: corner and edge rusher.

on edge: after Will Anderson, the difference between the 2nd rated edge guy and the 8th rated guy seems really small.

on CB: it kinda follows the edge thing, but with no clear #1 CB. Kelee Ringo, GA (local kid from Saguaro High) shows up the most as #1, but not always. Again, it seems like the diff between the #1 CB and the #5 CB seems small.

on interior OL: no real 1st round guys, but plenty of solid players in round 2 and 3.

on interior DL: Jalen Carter of GA is the clear #1 IDL and could very well last until the Cards pick (assuming #7 where they are today). The 2nd rated IDL is a Clemson kid -- but it seems to me there is quite a gap between him and Carter.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Depending on who’s there, I’d go D-line first as that’s the shallowest pool, then CB, then O-line. If the right trade down presents itself. If the Cards ended with the 5th pick, Philly might offer their ninth and thirty-first picks for the Cards 5th & a 3rd Rounder.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not fussed about drafting iDL early. I don;t think anyone is worth it.

Someone like Brian Breesee might go top 15 this year when he'd only be late 20's most years.

It's a pretty robust FA market at DL this year and I expect they will sign at least 1 of Watt or Allen back. If not both.

I'm more interested in one of the run stopping nose type guys like Siaki Ilka or Mazi Smith later in the draft. Slim pickings though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Depending on who’s there, I’d go D-line first as that’s the shallowest pool, then CB, then O-line. If the right trade down presents itself. If the Cards ended with the 5th pick, Philly might offer their ninth and thirty-first picks for the Cards 5th & a 3rd Rounder.
Bryan Breese is probably my best case scenario right now unless a medical red flag pops up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not fussed about drafting iDL early. I don;t think anyone is worth it.

Someone like Brian Breesee might go top 15 this year when he'd only be late 20's most years.

It's a pretty robust FA market at DL this year and I expect they will sign at least 1 of Watt or Allen back. If not both.

I'm more interested in one of the run stopping nose type guys like Siaki Ilka or Mazi Smith later in the draft. Slim pickings though.
Disagree so much with this. Interior pass rushers who are elite athletes are highly valued in the draft. I expect Breese to test very well and you will likely hear JJ Watt comps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree so much with this. Interior pass rushers who are elite athletes are highly valued in the draft. I expect Breese to test very well and you will likely hear JJ Watt comps.

I know a lot of people like him. I'm not that fussed.

I see more Payton Turner than JJ Watt.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know a lot of people like him. I'm not that fussed.

I see more Payton Turner than JJ Watt.
Just to clarify. You see Bryan Breese DT the same as Payton Turner DE despite them playing different positions and Breese being 30lbs heavier?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to clarify. You see Bryan Breese DT the same as Payton Turner DE despite them playing different positions and Breese being 30lbs heavier?

No, getting my Houston guys mixed up. I meant Logan Hall.

I'm not saying he's Logan Hall. Just see him closer that that than JJ Watt. Why are his stats so mediocre if he's anything like Watt? Watt has more tackles, more TFL's and nearly as many sacks in his final year olf college that Bresee has had in 3.

This is just what I think. What do I know?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I should add my main trouble with Bresee is that I feel like he's being over hyped on the back of how great he was coming out of HS and hasn't actually yet shown that potential in college. Mainly due to his ACL injury.

I'd like to see him stay in school and show what he can do next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like Julius Brent's. 6' 3" with 34" arms!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA