CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Brugler’s analysis of Carter, “When attempting to sum up Jalen Carter’s impact, I keep coming back to three words: special block destruction. Not only does Carter have a rare combination of body control, quickness and power, but he is also highly skilled at using all three traits in unison to defeat blocks. While I have similar grades on him and Will Anderson Jr., the value of Carter’s interior disruption is what gives him the edge.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really like Tank Dell from Houston. Was fire at the superbowl and was top 2 in catches, yards and TDs last year.

He's possibly the best route runner in this class.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Brugler’s analysis of Carter, “When attempting to sum up Jalen Carter’s impact, I keep coming back to three words: special block destruction. Not only does Carter have a rare combination of body control, quickness and power, but he is also highly skilled at using all three traits in unison to defeat blocks. While I have similar grades on him and Will Anderson Jr., the value of Carter’s interior disruption is what gives him the edge.”
I'm an Anderson guy, but if the Cardinals don't get Anderson, Carter is going to be a great player as well.

The thing I love about Carter is that we have ample tape of him destroying top college talent. He lined up against a murderer's row of OL talent this year and won against them all.

Anderson has similar tape, but I'm even more impressed with him because of his elite production while not being used optimally as an OLB. Turn on the tape and watch him play end on a 3 man line and you see him take on massive tackles and not only hold his ground, but also shed the block and put pressure on the QB.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm an Anderson guy, but if the Cardinals don't get Anderson, Carter is going to be a great player as well.

The thing I love about Carter is that we have ample tape of him destroying top college talent. He lined up against a murderer's row of OL talent this year and won against them all.

Anderson has similar tape, but I'm even more impressed with him because of his elite production while not being used optimally as an OLB. Turn on the tape and watch him play end on a 3 man line and you see him take on massive tackles and not only hold his ground, but also shed the block and put pressure on the QB.
If he destroyed all kinds of top college talent, where are Carter's numbers? Until someone can actually answer this, I'm out on Carter.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he destroyed all kinds of top college talent, where are Carter's numbers? Until someone can actually answer this, I'm out on Carter.
Numbers that u can find in a fifth round grade defensive lineman
He played also in a very good defense
There are always some prospect in the draft with below average numbers consistently graded so much higher without a convincing reason
the infatuation is contagious

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
College offenses get the ball out so quick that they just routinely doubled Carter. He was still winning bigly.