Celtics @ Suns 11-8-18

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

On Thursday things do not look to get better when the Celtics play the Suns.

Unfortunately the Celtics will have extra motivation as they have lost the first two games of their five game road trip to the Pacers and Nuggets. Additionally the Celtics should be well rested as their last game was on Monday.

The Celtics are 6-4 while the Suns are 2-8.

After the Suns game the Celtics play the Jazz on Friday.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time. It is scheduled to be televised on FSAZ.

Yuma likes this.
  2. Finito

Finito Registered

Ugh.

Yuma likes this.
  3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

From Devin Booker.

4. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

That's how this season is going to go. Win one....blow out. Win one... lose 3.

5. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Registered

I get the feeling that this was intended at Jackson. Perhaps he isn't taking well to constructive criticism...

6. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

That would make sense. I really don't know who it is but it's obvious that one or more of them doesn't handle criticism well or Booker hasn't learned how to do it without causing problems.

7. slinslin

slinslin Welcome to Amareca

stop projecting

Jackson is about the least likely to not take criticism. He is usually candid and capable of self-reflection which makes it even weirder why he has regressed so much under Igor.

8. Finito

Finito Registered

This to be isn't about Jackson. Jackson plays hard all the time he's to reckless he's the exact opposite of Bender who doesn't play with enough passion.

To me this is about effort. You see guys out there dogging it and shoulders slumped. Effort will win you games in the NBA and these guys aren't even trying. Im looking at you Ariza, Anderson, Warren and thank god Chandler is gone.

This is sad. Im honestly considering not even watching tonight.

9. Finito

Finito Registered

Booker should do whatever he wants hell Jordan punched guys out at practice. These guys need to bring there level up to Booker not Booker come down to them.

10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Registered

Honestly I will probably just keep the score up on my computer and if after the first quarter or so it looks like they are trying I will put the game on.

11. Raze

Raze Registered

To get us to actually watch this bloodbath, I think Booker should go for his all time scoring record tonight. He needs to put up 80 shots. We won't win, but it might be entertaining. And yeah, it's the Celtics.

12. Suns_fan69

Suns_fan69 Official ASFN Lurker Contributor

Times like these I wish we had PJ Tucker still. He was a guy that got into people if they weren't showing any effort. I'd gladly spend the 15M for Ariza this year on PJ, even if he's slightly more limited offensively.

Yuma likes this.
  13. AzStevenCal

He was that guy once but I didn't see much of that from him starting with the year he missed bus trips, showed up late and generally loafed until he had to face off against the Durants and Hardens of the league. Of course, even his loafing was still more energetic than most of the team but it was a real letdown seeing him play down to that level. But bring back the PJ we saw in 2013 and I'm with ya.

14. AzStevenCal

This is actually the reason I don't like seeing him running the point. I'd much rather see him return to his shooting guard mentality - which doesn't mean he couldn't occasionally run the 2 man game with Ayton or penetrate and dish when the defense warrants it. But I want the score first mindset he showed prior to the decision to try and turn him into Harden. He'll never be Harden, he doesn't have his skillset. But if he sticks to what he does best and adds a little defense, he could still be better than James.

Mainstreet and BC867 like this.
  15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

This is the Earl Watson effect still with the team.