Celtics @ Suns 11-8-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Thursday things do not look to get better when the Celtics play the Suns.

Unfortunately the Celtics will have extra motivation as they have lost the first two games of their five game road trip to the Pacers and Nuggets. Additionally the Celtics should be well rested as their last game was on Monday.

The Celtics are 6-4 while the Suns are 2-8.

After the Suns game the Celtics play the Jazz on Friday.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time. It is scheduled to be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Devin Booker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how this season is going to go. Win one....blow out. Win one... lose 3.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I get the feeling that this was intended at Jackson. Perhaps he isn't taking well to constructive criticism...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get the feeling that this was intended at Jackson. Perhaps he isn't taking well to constructive criticism...

That would make sense. I really don't know who it is but it's obvious that one or more of them doesn't handle criticism well or Booker hasn't learned how to do it without causing problems.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
stop projecting

Jackson is about the least likely to not take criticism. He is usually candid and capable of self-reflection which makes it even weirder why he has regressed so much under Igor.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This to be isn't about Jackson. Jackson plays hard all the time he's to reckless he's the exact opposite of Bender who doesn't play with enough passion.

To me this is about effort. You see guys out there dogging it and shoulders slumped. Effort will win you games in the NBA and these guys aren't even trying. Im looking at you Ariza, Anderson, Warren and thank god Chandler is gone.

This is sad. Im honestly considering not even watching tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would make sense. I really don't know who it is but it's obvious that one or more of them doesn't handle criticism well or Booker hasn't learned how to do it without causing problems.

Booker should do whatever he wants hell Jordan punched guys out at practice. These guys need to bring there level up to Booker not Booker come down to them.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This to be isn't about Jackson. Jackson plays hard all the time he's to reckless he's the exact opposite of Bender who doesn't play with enough passion.

To me this is about effort. You see guys out there dogging it and shoulders slumped. Effort will win you games in the NBA and these guys aren't even trying. Im looking at you Ariza, Anderson, Warren and thank god Chandler is gone.

This is sad. Im honestly considering not even watching tonight.

Honestly I will probably just keep the score up on my computer and if after the first quarter or so it looks like they are trying I will put the game on.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
To get us to actually watch this bloodbath, I think Booker should go for his all time scoring record tonight. He needs to put up 80 shots. We won't win, but it might be entertaining. And yeah, it's the Celtics.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Times like these I wish we had PJ Tucker still. He was a guy that got into people if they weren't showing any effort. I'd gladly spend the 15M for Ariza this year on PJ, even if he's slightly more limited offensively.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Times like these I wish we had PJ Tucker still. He was a guy that got into people if they weren't showing any effort. I'd gladly spend the 15M for Ariza this year on PJ, even if he's slightly more limited offensively.

He was that guy once but I didn't see much of that from him starting with the year he missed bus trips, showed up late and generally loafed until he had to face off against the Durants and Hardens of the league. Of course, even his loafing was still more energetic than most of the team but it was a real letdown seeing him play down to that level. But bring back the PJ we saw in 2013 and I'm with ya.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To get us to actually watch this bloodbath, I think Booker should go for his all time scoring record tonight. He needs to put up 80 shots. We won't win, but it might be entertaining. And yeah, it's the Celtics.

This is actually the reason I don't like seeing him running the point. I'd much rather see him return to his shooting guard mentality - which doesn't mean he couldn't occasionally run the 2 man game with Ayton or penetrate and dish when the defense warrants it. But I want the score first mindset he showed prior to the decision to try and turn him into Harden. He'll never be Harden, he doesn't have his skillset. But if he sticks to what he does best and adds a little defense, he could still be better than James.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

This is the Earl Watson effect still with the team.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Booker wants to be a leader, stop blaming every little poo on Earl Watson who btw did not do any worse than either Triano or Kokoskov.

If Booker wants to be a leader he needs to set the tone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Josh Jackson brings tremendous effort as well. Unfortunately he is not playing well at the moment. However, I'd prefer Jackson get minutes over Anderson or Ariza.

My guess one of the reasons Anderson gets playing time is because he sacrificed millions to come to the Suns. In my opinion they promised him a fair opportunity to win a starting spot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Jackson brings tremendous effort as well. Unfortunately he is not playing well at the moment. However, I'd prefer Jackson get minutes over Anderson or Ariza.

My guess one of the reasons Anderson gets playing time is because he sacrificed millions to come to the Suns. In my opinion they promised him a fair opportunity to win a starting spot.

He's had his chance, time to move on. He really didn't give up that much either. I would guess the amount he waived, or made not-guaranteed, is about how much he would sacrifice in a buyout next year. He was due $19.5 million and agreed to make that $16.5 million guaranteed. If another team signed him for the veterans minimum he would only lose 0.8 million, which isn't very much at all since he could choose almost any team he wants. At the league minimum I don't think he'll have a problem finding a new home.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't have a problem with Ariza he has been good to decent in several games. Anderson however has played far worse than I ever imagined possible.

I literally think Bender could have done better in the minutes he has been given.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's had his chance, time to move on. He really didn't give up that much either. I would guess the amount he waived, or made not-guaranteed, is about how much he would sacrifice in a buyout next year. He was due $19.5 million and agreed to make that $16.5 million guaranteed. If another team signed him for the veterans minimum he would only lose 0.8 million, which isn't very much at all since he could choose almost any team he wants. At the league minimum I don't think he'll have a problem finding a new home.

I don't think it is time to move on.

Remember this same guy who produced 18 pts per game at non horrible efficiency at the end of last year, after starting it out quite badly.

He is completely reworking his shot, and it looks much better. Should just take some time and I think it will be at least average.

The guy's problems are all mental. He throws stupid passes, he runs over people, he takes stupid contested jumpers. Physically he has everything you want and he is not stupid.

I do believe he will eventually get it figured out. At least his problem is not lack of confidence like Benders - it's really too much confidence.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Poop Head

Here are the facts as reported by ESPN.
To clear the way for a trade out of Houston, Anderson agreed to reduce the guarantee on his $21 million salary in 2019-20 to $15.6 million, league sources told ESPN.

For the Suns, the $15.6 million represents Brandon Knight's salary for the 2019-20 season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-ryan-anderson-deanthony-melton-phoenix-suns

Anderson stands to give lose more than the scenario you present... perhaps $5.4 million if unsigned.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Ariza he has been good to decent in several games. Anderson however has played far worse than I ever imagined possible.

I literally think Bender could have done better in the minutes he has been given.

My reasoning is this. If the Suns are not going anywhere, I'd prefer to give Anderson's or Ariza's minutes to Jackson if he earns them.

Of course it is a big "if."

Kokoskov has said he considers Bender a G-League player. However, it's hard to believe he could play much worse than some others.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker wants to be a leader, stop blaming every little **** on Earl Watson who btw did not do any worse than either Triano or Kokoskov.

That's an absurd comment. Earl Watson got 118 games and 2 offseasons, Koko has one offseason and 10 games under his belt. Maybe he'll be the same disappointing flop when all is said and done but it's way too early to try and suggest he's at least as bad as Earl the Love Guru.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it is time to move on.

Remember this same guy who produced 18 pts per game at non horrible efficiency at the end of last year, after starting it out quite badly.

He is completely reworking his shot, and it looks much better. Should just take some time and I think it will be at least average.

The guy's problems are all mental. He throws stupid passes, he runs over people, he takes stupid contested jumpers. Physically he has everything you want and he is not stupid.

I do believe he will eventually get it figured out. At least his problem is not lack of confidence like Benders - it's really too much confidence.

Are we talking about the same person? I meant it's time to move on from Anderson but I got the impression that you're talking about Jackson. I'm fine with Jackson. He could be doing better but he'll figure it out sooner than later, hopefully. Anderson is garbage though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren will start over Anderson.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads