Celtics at Suns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KG=Bruce Bowen.
Yup!
I found it funny that ESPN announcer Mark Jackson also made the comparison last night on national TV. He pretty much said Bruce Bowen is a dirty player.
I can imagine Bowen fuming in his bow tie :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup!
I found it funny that ESPN announcer Mark Jackson also made the comparison last night on national TV. He pretty much said Bruce Bowen is a dirty player. I can imagine Bowen fuming in his bow tie :)

What I find funny is that if there is one person and one act that Kevin's teammate (Ray Allen) despises it would be Bruce Bowen and his routine of sliding his foot under an airborne shooter. I hate the whole "if you can't beat them, cheat them" BS that players like Bowen and now Garnett bring to the game.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What I find funny is that if there is one person and one act that Kevin's teammate (Ray Allen) despises it would be Bruce Bowen and his routine of sliding his foot under an airborne shooter. I hate the whole "if you can't beat them, cheat them" BS that players like Bowen and now Garnett bring to the game.

Steve
Once upon a time, Suns fans hated Danny Ainge . . . until he joined our team. 'Probably the same thought Laker fans had about Karl Malone's flying elbows until he joined them.

I guess it's human nature to look the other way when he's with you rather than against you. 'Doesn't make it right, but . . .

As the old saying goes, "There is no gravity. The earth sucks." :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time, Suns fans hated Danny Ainge . . . until he joined our team. 'Probably the same thought Laker fans had about Karl Malone's flying elbows until he joined them.

I guess it's human nature to look the other way when he's with you rather than against you. 'Doesn't make it right, but . . .

As the old saying goes, "There is no gravity. The earth sucks." :)

That is true to a point. I mean some players I hated because they were on other teams as you said. For instance I would take KG in a heart beat. Heck I remember before Barkley came here I hated that guy but jumped for joy when he was traded here.

However, there are limits for me. They are players that I despise so much that no matter how good they are I will still hate them on the Suns.

Guys I would hate no matter what? Horry (hated the trade and hated him the entire time he was here), Sprewell, Bowen come to mind.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
However, there are limits for me. They are players that I despise so much that no matter how good they are I will still hate them on the Suns.

Guys I would hate no matter what? Horry (hated the trade and hated him the entire time he was here), Sprewell, Bowen come to mind.
Me, too. And Malone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, too. And Malone.

I'm sorry to say, I'd probably put up with Karl Malone. I've always suspected his cheap shot elbows and knees were the result of what he learned from his head coach.

In addition to Horry, Sprewell and Bowen, I wouldn't have wanted Rodman on my team either. I'd lay that more on his off-court antics than his game time performances. I'd especially not want him if I didn't have a very strong head coach and a solid roster of well respected veterans. I can't help remembering the damage he did in San Antonio to that group.

Steve