Celtics @ Suns Friday game thread 12-10-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, James Jones deserves a lot of credit for building the type of team that can demolish teams, even when missing 2 of their best players. I feel like half the teams in the league would have phoned it in tonight. Monty and Paul deserve a lot too, it is great having 2 head coaches out there.

On the other end of the spectrum, hard to believe the Celtics are this listless. A couple years ago they had several young stars, a young highly touted coach and trade assets to rival anyone in the league. Now they're a 2 man team and a really mediocre one at that, running no discernible system and they used up most of their trade assets for guys who didn't even last 2 seasons in town.

Yeah. The Celts are dumpster fire of mediocrity.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love reading these threads after the game. The emotions run all over the place during the game. You'd think it was 5 years Ago at times. Not being critical just noticing the schizo passion.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love reading these threads after the game. The emotions run all over the place during the game. You'd think it was 5 years Ago at times. Not being critical just noticing the schizo passion.
lol, I hear that. I watched it while out tonight and didn't look at the thread during the game. I catch up on it after and posts are so strained that I figured it must have been when we were losing early, then right in the middle of that someone says "Wow, up 24" or something along those lines.

It's not worth winning if you can't win big!!!

I know I do it too though, especially with the rotations. I will harp on a crap lineup being out there... meanwhile we are cruising to a 20 point win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee says he would run through a wall for Monty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns will regret not picking up the option on Jalen Smith down the road.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have to say I’m continually surprised and impressed with mcgee. Yes at times he seems to get a little outta control or try something that’s just beyond his skill set or what we need from him. But those instances are few and far between. His innate understanding of where he is around the hoop and how to quickly, and most efficiently (typically dunk or immediate outback without coming down and regathering) may be without peer in the nba today. We’ve certainly never had a guy that does that. His play directly at the rim is incredibly dynamic. Such a shame that it took him so many years to recognize that and adapt his game accordingly. Love that we have him. He and Ayton are so light years beyond any center tandem we have ever had it’s not even a legit question to figure out which twosome would be #2 as they’d be so far behind Ayton/mcgee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, James Jones deserves a lot of credit for building the type of team that can demolish teams, even when missing 2 of their best players. I feel like half the teams in the league would have phoned it in tonight. Monty and Paul deserve a lot too, it is great having 2 head coaches out there.

On the other end of the spectrum, hard to believe the Celtics are this listless. A couple years ago they had several young stars, a young highly touted coach and trade assets to rival anyone in the league. Now they're a 2 man team and a really mediocre one at that, running no discernible system and they used up most of their trade assets for guys who didn't even last 2 seasons in town.

The Celtics came out playing hard in the 1st quarter and tried to take it to the Suns with their physical play but the Suns were having no part of it. They just keep coming at you running their system of offense and defense.

The Celtics are having their problems especially with Jalen Brown out but the Suns were their 5th stop on a 5 game road trip. They only won one game on the trip.

I agree, James Jones deserves credit for building a team that is versatile and deep at every position when healthy. I like his three deep, five position (3 x 5) approach. It's helps the Suns weather the storm when injuries come along.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I’m continually surprised and impressed with mcgee. Yes at times he seems to get a little outta control or try something that’s just beyond his skill set or what we need from him. But those instances are few and far between. His innate understanding of where he is around the hoop and how to quickly, and most efficiently (typically dunk or immediate outback without coming down and regathering) may be without peer in the nba today. We’ve certainly never had a guy that does that. His play directly at the rim is incredibly dynamic. Such a shame that it took him so many years to recognize that and adapt his game accordingly. Love that we have him. He and Ayton are so light years beyond any center tandem we have ever had it’s not even a legit question to figure out which twosome would be #2 as they’d be so far behind Ayton/mcgee.

Monty seems to bring the best out of McGee and maximizes his talent. The Suns need to keep him beyond this season.

The Suns strength at center gives them the versatility to play smaller and quicker lineups and yet keep size on the court.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you believe no one really wanted McGee?

He’s entering Socks Perry all time favorite role player territory for me. I love everything about him. He was on Shannon Sharp’s podcast with his mom a while back it’s a real good listen.

How do you not root for this guy

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a huge grade over last year. He would have made a huge difference in the finals.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Are we seeing the permanent change in Cam Johnson's game now? Or is it just a normal hot streak?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA