cbs trade details

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
it shows we get n.o. two#1s and #2 and they get our 4th and #1

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
I hope that's the way it went. ESPN shows the Cards gave up #1, #2, and #4 for the Saints #1's and #2.

Hope the Cards did not swap #2's and give up a number 4.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmr667
I hope that's the way it went. ESPN shows the Cards gave up #1, #2, and #4 for the Saints #1's and #2.

Hope the Cards did not swap #2's and give up a number 4.
<p>That's exactly what they did.

Matrix31

Rookie
Reaction score
On NFL.com it shows the Cardinals having 2 2nd round picks also and just our 4th going to the Saints

dbcard74

Reaction score
The CBS version of the trade might make sense for the Cards.
The ESPN version of the trade makes no sense for the Cards, at least not to me.

The CBS version might be right, because one of the ESPN analysts said the Cards made the trade because they needed extra picks. This was said even as they were saying the second round picks were swapped and the Cards would give up a fourth.

So the ESPN guys were obviously confused.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
That's two of 3 saying the Cards picked up an extra second rounder. Whew. Maybe I'll put the razor blade down now....:)

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
I've got the knife in hand as we speak. If we swap 2nd's and give a fourth, then Graves is the biggest idiot ever. I sure hope we pick up the second rounder and give up that fourth. We could still trade Jones for KC's 4th and pick it back up.

OP
OP
A

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
The 2nd round pick is 54th.S.Illustrated also shows us with two #2s

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Originally posted by dbcard74
Assuming the Cards get NO's No. 2, does anyone know where it is in the second round?

It's 54......and we had 37.....so it's 17....18....37....54.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course the guys on ESPN are still reporting that they swapped the No. 2 picks.

Joe

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong subject...meant to put it here but it looks like ESPN is right. :(

WHY?????????????????????????????????

"Cards trade No. 6 pick
By Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
April 26, 2003

The Cardinals were involved in the first major deal on the initial day of the draft, giving up the sixth overall pick to New Orleans Saturday in exchange for the 17th and 18th selections in the first round.

In addition, the team¹s swapped picks in the second round, with New Orleans moving up to 37th and the Cardinals moving down to 54th. The Cardinals also gave up their fourth-round pick, the 102nd overall, to the Saints.

It was a bold move by the Cardinals. They are desperate need of a pass rush, yet passed on selecting Arizona State defensive end Terrell Suggs, the top-rated pass rusher in the draft.

The Cardinals, last in the NFL in sacks the past two seasons, likely think they can obtain a pass rusher with either the 17th or 18th selections."

We have NO potential right now. Suggs or Leftwich would have given me at least a glimmer of a light at the end of the tunnel. Now, it's like we're on the darkside of the moon. God, I hate the Cardinals right now. You try, and try and try to follow a team and support a team, but all they do is make move after move to shoot itself in the foot. What could the friggin' logic possibly be? To see how else they can alienate their fan base? What were they THINKING? "Let's give up a blue chip player for two no-name mediocre players that could have been had in the second to third rounds? Wait no, I've got a better idea! Let's also drop 20 picks lower in the second round and throw in our 4th! That ought to pretty much kill any fan base that we have left. I mean, we're basically getting NOTHING here. We let Boston go for nothing so that we can replace him by dropping down to 17 to draft the 43rd ranked player in the draft and then turn around and spend the 18th pick on the 53rd ranked player...some have Pace ranked as the 15th best DE in the draft. FIFTEENTH! Yeah, I'd much rather be doing this than having Boston and Suggs on our team right now. Good plan Graves, way to go!

:evil: :evil: GRAVES, BIDWILL AND EVERYONE IN OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! WORST FRANCHISE IN THE NFL? TRY WORST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson