Cards would get 3 Comp Picks in 2022.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over the Cap shows that the Cards currently would get 3 comp picks in 2022.
1 5th rounder and 2 7th rounders.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know this sounds bitter, but I'm genuinely hoping this and what's left of the 2022 cap money isn't messed with any further and is left for a new GM and new HC to re-mold the team in their image.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds bitter, but I'm genuinely hoping this and what's left of the 2022 cap money isn't messed with any further and is left for a new GM and new HC to re-mold the team in their image.

Are you thinking this season will go down the tube?

I've been right there with you wanting a new GM and new head coach but now I'm trying to drink the fruit punch.

Those 7th round picks will be like having draft rights to undrafted free agents.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you thinking this season will go down the tube?

I've been right there with you wanting a new GM and new head coach but now I'm trying to drink the fruit punch.

Those 7th round picks will be like having draft rights to undrafted free agents.
Maybe we can have the perfect draft (think Surtain at 16 and Harris/Etienne/Williams in the 2nd) and I'll feel a little better, but I don't have any faith Kliff is ever going to become a winning head coach (because he isn't), and I think Keim has some issues that have made him lose whatever initial spark he had. I sure am tired of getting one okay player per draft.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can have the perfect draft (think Surtain at 16 and Harris/Etienne/Williams in the 2nd) and I'll feel a little better, but I don't have any faith Kliff is ever going to become a winning head coach (because he isn't), and I think Keim has some issues that have made him lose whatever initial spark he had. Because I sure am tired of getting one okay player per draft.

Like I said, I'm with you on Keim and Kingsbury. I just keep hoping I am wrong.

A good draft would make me feel better as well if their early picks produce immediately.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm with you on Keim and Kingsbury. I just keep hoping I am wrong.

A good draft would make me feel better as well if their early draft picks produce immediately.
I absolutely hope I'm wrong. Back when we were 6-2, I was ready to say things must be different. Then we crashed and burned in spectacular fashion after I was told by others we couldn't possibly slide out of the playoff race. I lost a lot of faith there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hope I'm wrong. Back when we were 6-2, I was ready to say things must be different. Then we crashed and burned in spectacular fashion after I was told by others we couldn't possibly slide out of the playoff race. I lost a lot of faith there.

The Cardinals sticking with Chris Streveler at backup quarterback sealed the deal for me.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

As things stand right now,
@AZCardinals
projected with three 2022 comp picks, another reason free agency probably on the back burner for a few weeks.

As it stands -- the Cards are projected to have three comp picks in the 2022 draft: One in the fifth round, and two in the seventh. It always helps to have extra draft capital. But the time is coming soon sometime in the week or two after the draft is over when any free agent signing (or any lost free agent, for that matter) will no longer count in the comp pick formula. With the league on to the third or fourth wave of free agents at this point, it behooves teams to wait.

That means if the Cards are going to sign another cornerback, or tight end, or running back -- and certainly one who is making anything more than the minimum -- it's probably going to come next month.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I really don't think a new GM will change anything. I think the problem lies with our scouting department, and I don't see them all getting fired going off of the Cards history. So I would expect more of the same drafts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals sticking with Chris Streveler at backup quarterback sealed the deal for me.

I'm sorry, if you are counting on any backup qb to win you games you are being unrealistic. Look at the cowboys - Dalton was considered one of if not the best backup in the league, and the teams performance still dropped dramatically.

If your starter goes down for any length of time due to injury your just screwed, and therefore I think the importance of backup QB is way over blown.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm sorry, if you are counting on any backup qb to win you games you are being unrealistic. Look at the cowboys - Dalton was considered one of if not the best backup in the league, and the teams performance still dropped dramatically.

If your starter goes down for any length of time due to injury your just screwed, and therefore I think the importance of backup QB is way over blown.
Maybe. But we should have a backup that at least gives us a chance. Strevler does not.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. But we should have a backup that at least gives us a chance. Strevler does not.

Almsot no back ups in the league give their teams a legitimate chance... that is truly the exception rather than the rule… seriously ringing hands over the back up quarterback seems kinda futile.... The Nick Foles of the world are the absolute exception not the rule....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Almsot no back ups in the league give their teams a legitimate chance... that is truly the exception rather than the rule… seriously ringing hands over the back up quarterback seems kinda futile.... The Nick Foles of the world are the absolute exception not the rule....
Except they actually exist. Foles, Dalton, trubisky, Fitzpatrick have all won games in the league. Are they going to go on a big run? Probably not. Could they get you one or two wins out of three or four games? Yes. Streveler can’t. It’s questionable whether howdy doody can at this stage of his career.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except they actually exist. Foles, Dalton, trubisky, Fitzpatrick have all won games in the league. Are they going to go on a big run? Probably not. Could they get you one or two wins out of three or four games? Yes. Streveler can’t. It’s questionable whether howdy doody can at this stage of his career.

Dalton didn’t keep the Cowboys afloat or above 500 football so not sure that helps the argument much.... Bottom line is in almost all cases if your starter goes down you aren’t winning anything meaningful. I just think it’s over dramatic whining in general considering the expected result should your starter go down.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you want your backup to be good enough to play in 2-3 games and win 33-66% of them. in Dallas case, they lost Dak for the whole year and yeah, you are screwed then.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dalton didn’t keep the Cowboys afloat or above 500 football so not sure that helps the argument much.... Bottom line is in almost all cases if your starter goes down you aren’t winning anything meaningful. I just think it’s over dramatic whining in general considering the expected result should your starter go down.
I never said “afloat” and I never said “.500” but in a league where even one additional win makes a difference (we literally just witnessed that), having a guy like dalton who can get you that single win in limited playing time verses just throwing up your hands and saying “no one will win” like you’re suggesting is . . . well, no offense . . . stupid.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said “afloat” and I never said “.500” but in a league where even one additional win makes a difference (we literally just witnessed that), having a guy like dalton who can get you that single win in limited playing time verses just throwing up your hands and saying “no one will win” like you’re suggesting is . . . well, no offense . . . stupid.

yeah....if the NFL took the boards opinions on backup QBs, guys like streveler would be everywhere. nothing but project QBs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I really don't think a new GM will change anything. I think the problem lies with our scouting department, and I don't see them all getting fired going off of the Cards history. So I would expect more of the same drafts.
Well, when I say new GM, yes, I mean organizational restructure (at least to a large degree). Some scouts can stay, some can go, but bring in a football mind to give us an outside perspective. We have had internal hires since 1996 when Bob Ferguson took over. That's 25 years of relative front office continuity, and I feel like that's unprecedented for almost any other team. I'd have to do more digging.

If we fired Keim just to promote Quentin Harris or Adrian Wilson, I'd probably maintain my grumpiness depending on the coaching staff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose